Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Whistle sounds weird

hey guys, so i have a ST180 with downpipe scopion decat, intake ITG, Airtec intercooler, Turbosmart 14Psi wastegate(stock turbo) and the other day the car went in safe mode but i was kinda of expecting that but something happened! The turbo whistle changed somehow, the sound of it, u can ear the stututu real loud and it wasn’t like that, it used to be a wooshhhh all in once! Ever happened to any of u or does somebody know how to fix it?
I already checked all clamps, the diverter valve, the solenoid! I’m losing my mind!!

OP
J
Thread Starter #5
Seems like an issue I had back in 2018.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/turbo-flutter-out-of-the-blue.18629/#post-329614

My issue was a defective waste gate actuator. Got it covered under warranty at the time.
I got mine from All Stars Motorsport, TurboSmart 14psi and it came kinda loose, my mechanic opened it and fixed it! Maybe my problem is coming from there idk! But I saw the link u sent and the kinda stututu is like you said in 2018! The sound is way different than the one supposed to make!