Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbosmart Bov2 issue

JayG96

Hi guys, so my first mod i done was to fit the turbosmart bov 2 sounded amazing right? it was but as i soon discovered when i floored it and im talking past like 5000rpm when the big noise came from shifting i would get "engine malfunction" and would put me into limp mode, so i pull over turn off the car and back on problem is resolved but will keep on doing it if i change gear in the high rev range. contacted turbosmart and basically said see the people u bought it off so i did and what carenhancements uk said was "we'll need to inspect it to make sure its fitted correctly" not an easy task when its over a 400 mile round trip, i since added the peron intake (basically itg) and peron stage 1 map thinking maybe it will allow more air or the map will help with the turbosmart short answer is no.. has any one else had this problem? they say the plug can get damaged easily on fitting, so i may take it to a garage or fit th gfb one what are your thoughts?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Well the problem here is American cars are tuned different than overseas cars so it's very hard to compare this problem.

American cars are tuned off the map sensor overseas cars are tuned off the maf sensor.

MAF sensor tuned vehicles can have issues with blow-off valves.
You are blowing out the air that it believes should be there.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
J

JayG96

Thread Starter #3
Well the problem here is American cars are tuned different than overseas cars so it's very hard to compare this problem.

American cars are tuned off the map sensor overseas cars are tuned off the maf sensor.

MAF sensor tuned vehicles can have issues with blow-off valves.
You are blowing out the air that it believes should be there.

the problem started when the car was stock and just the BOV

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
the problem started when the car was stock and just the BOV
I'm not talkin about a aftermarket tune.
I'm talkin about the OEM tune.
American cars are programmed to operate differently than overseas cars.
Your car reads the airflow based off the maf sensor that is what the car is tuned to use.

American cars use the map sensor.

The reason why we can't use any tunes from overseas is because they will not work with our cars and vice versa.

DAW

Sounds like you got your plug in upside down, or the TS isn’t on properly. Just jack the car up and have a look 🤷🏻‍♂️