Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbosmart dual port BOV causing service light (leak ?)

Greetings,

I guess I have to questions regarding this BOV (Turbosmart Kompact Shortie Dual Port), Been using it for like a year and starting to getting the service light when applying powerl, then the car would go limp mode. So I got this P006A code and figured I would attempt a smoke test for leaks. And it leaked quite hard from the BOV. Seemed like it leaked from the exposed side of the inner piston. O rings all seemed fine but the piston has a tiny wear line (not a crack) but you can clealy feel it when rubbing your nail around it. Everything else seemed to be fine regarding the smoke test. Do you think the leak could be due to this tiny line/crack ? I had a GFB DV+ BOV on hand, installed it and service light is gone. But I do miss the sound of the Turbosmart. WHICH brings me to my other question, I know turbo flutter seems to be unwanted for turbo longevity but I you'd watch a video on mine when I still had the Turbosmart on, was it too "fluterrly" ? (at low revs it's quite audible)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1QiyyDnglM

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I hear a little surge when you let off at lower rpm. At higher rpm that thing sounds perfect to me. Mine sounds pretty much the same but is a Turbo Smart symposer bov (same sort of dual port design as the turbo mounted one). I dont think yours sounds concerning.

With the turbo smart if you think theres too much surge you can dial it down a bit twisting it counter clockwise I think to loosen and it will let off a little steam earlier.