Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbosmart Wastegate Spring 7psi to 14psi

Just purchased a whoosh hybrid turbo. I already have a turbosmart iwg75 7psi so I opted out on adding the 14psi wastegate with the purchase. Does anyone know the specs on the 7psi spring like is it a middle or outer spring. Just needing know if I need a 7psi middle or outer spring to go with what I already have to make it 14psi. Also have a turbosmart em plumb back already. Anyone else running this bov with their hybrid. Just making sure I have everything ready when I install the turbo.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just purchased a whoosh hybrid turbo. I already have a turbosmart iwg75 7psi so I opted out on adding the 14psi wastegate with the purchase. Does anyone know the specs on the 7psi spring like is it a middle or outer spring. Just needing know if I need a 7psi middle or outer spring to go with what I already have to make it 14psi. Also have a turbosmart em plumb back already. Anyone else running this bov with their hybrid. Just making sure I have everything ready when I install the turbo.

How much boost do you plan to run? You should run a spring that is half the amount of boost you are going to be pushing.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
purityracer316
Thread Starter #3
How much boost do you plan to run? You should run a spring that is half the amount of boost you are going to be pushing.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
So should I get a 11psi spring then since whoosh hybrid turbo aren't suppose to exceed 26.5psi? I just want as much I can get. So that's why I was thinking 14psi.

slopoke

So should I get a 11psi spring then since whoosh hybrid turbo aren't suppose to exceed 26.5psi? I just want as much I can get. So that's why I was thinking 14psi.

Ask your tuner what they recommend.