Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Under Seat Subwoofer Install Overview (Kenwood KSC-SW11)

AzNightmare

[MENTION=2044]Gonzo[/MENTION]
I'm thinking of doing this install, but trying to understand how the wiring works... I was able to follow the guide up until the wiring part, lol. I've done some basic wiring so far such as dashcam and back up camera, but I just need a bit more specific guidance for what wires connect to where.

Where exactly are the wires to the speakers? does one (or set of) wires connect to all the speakers in the car so that you only need to tap/connect into them in one place? Such as near the B pillar? I'm also confused why wires were routing under the rear seat? I thought the cables just go from the sub under the driver seat to B-Pillar wires.... Or are wires tapping into every speaker in the car, hence why you need to route under the rear seat to the rear speakers???

I really wished there was pics for the wiring, lol

Thank you [MENTION=2044]Gonzo[/MENTION], for this write up. It helped me a lot. Here's a pic of my subwoofer installed and controller in the center console. Nice and clean.

AzNightmare

Thank you [MENTION=2044]Gonzo[/MENTION], for this write up. It helped me a lot. Here's a pic of my subwoofer installed and controller in the center console. Nice and clean.

Install looks good! Do you have any pics or tips on what wires to splice into?

Thanks for this how-to. Installed almost the same, except I took the right speaker, and power/remote through the center console behind the e-brake, and under all the carpet so it's completely hidden. And didn't need to pull the rear seat. Did break one little connector, because it's inevitable!

This sub does very well for it's cost. I have a Kicker 10" with an 5ch alpine and DSP in my BRZ that isn't quite this "full"!

I'm thinking about doing this thing and I'll be stealing the idea from a member I saw on Facebook. ..and I'm wondering, any possible benefit of putting it in the back vs. under the seat? I wonder if having more space around it, plus screwing it down, might help with bass response?

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Here is the actual unit i will be installing. This thing runs as much power as an old 12" sub i used to run, so i have high hopes for it. Still unsure if i wana put it under the driver seat, or in the trunk.

Sam4

Does anyone have the factory accessory sub? It's godawful expensive as a replacement part, but how about factory installed? Is the wiring already present?

Is there a factory subwoofer for Fiesta ST's?? I never saw that as an option...

HUGE HUGE THANKS to the o.p. Gonzo for all the useful info! This thread almost solely helped me and my buddy get my compact sub installed today! The process was relatively painless, and thanks to the brilliance of this thread, i was able to skip some bullshit like the passenger kick panel. Anyways here's just a couple pics:

I went with the Cerwin Vega VPAS10, seemed to have the most power for the size. I used eavy duty velcro to secure it but may screw it down, may out it under the seat, dunno. Also the bass knob is set just under 3/4 and gently stuffed under the rear seat for now, totally out of the way. I may mount that in the glovebox as I've seen others do.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Bee Peezy, how does that sub perform? I have the same one in my amazon wish list.
Not too shabby! It definitely doesn't perform like a traditional sub, proper box and separate amp, but for the size it's quite impressive! It's great for rock and less impressive for rap with low hZ bass.

I know I’m resurrecting an old thread but huge thanks to OP gonzo. I just installed the same exact sub using the instructions he wrote up. They were pretty straight forward. I didn’t use the connectors though, I decided to splice and solder my wires together instead.

I did break a couple of tabs but they’re fine as is. I did find the trims were much easier to install if you pulled up the door seals.

The sub is good for some more mid range bass. Don’t expect any hard hitting bass like what you would get from an enclosure. I’m happy with how this sounds at 3/4. Although I’m not at the age where I need to pump up the volume everywhere I go. Another words - this sub is probably for the older crowd that wants a little more thump than stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk