Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Installing a powered subwoofer to go under the seat

Thinking of buying this small Kenwood KSC-SW11 amplified subwoofer to go under the driver's seat:
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-3lPBLxGN7xw/p_113KSCSW11/Kenwood-KSC-SW11.html

Before anyone suggests, this thread (https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/fiesta-st-subwoofer-wiring-project.1479/), I've already read through it. I've done a lot of reading and can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for...

1. Is a LOC necessary? What is the advantage of using one?

2. I see in some videos, people will tap into the fuse box behind the glove box (as opposed to tapping directly into the speaker wire) - is this necessary to keep the amp from being on all the time?

3. Do I need to run wires to the sub from both the left and right speakers? Or is one side sufficient?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
What is the point of tapping into the fuse? Is that the only option?
I have a standard amp/sub setup if that I didn’t install myself but here’s what I can discern.

Power for amp is drawn straight from battery. Remote wire from amp connected to ignition or something else powered on only when ignition is on. Otherwise - I’m useless. I don’t fuck with electronics

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
What is the point of tapping into the fuse? Is that the only option?
Make sure amp is off when car is off. You could run a dedicated power wire to the battery. Without seeing the wiring instructions for this sub, it could be different. Follow the factory instructions.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Do not install a manual override to your automated shutoff or there will be a day you forget and drain your battery.

Even if you elect to keep a Li-Ion jump-start battery in the car, (which I avoid because extreme cold/hot can damage them), draining a battery greatly shortens its life; and you can kill an alternator (running it extremely hot for an extended period) trying to charge a dead battery in the car.