Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Upgraded Sync 1 to Sync 3 (Question for US FiestaST Owners)

samd864

Hi All,
I recently upgraded my head unit from the sync 1 system (best that was available in the UK on the mk7). I have it 99% working, the only thing i'm really missing is... It used to have an option come up on the screen when I turned the car off to disable the internal alarm sensors so i could leave the windows down without the alarm going off. With sync 3 I no longer have that option when I turn the car off or in the vehicle settings menu. Ive tried all sorts changes in Forscan to no avail. Owners of the ST in the US that have sync 3 do you have this option in your sync vehicle settings? Its the only thing i'm missing to make the install 100%.

Hi how did you upgrade from 1 to 3? I'm in the UK with sync 1 and want to update mine

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

OP
samd864

samd864

Thread Starter #3
Hi how did you upgrade from 1 to 3? I'm in the UK with sync 1 and want to update mine

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
It cost quite a but but it involved buying all the hardware from the US. The sync module and screen, control panel with skip play pause etc and the new shroud and mount for the screen. also need to move pins around and add extra wires to the sync connector and reprogram with forscan.

I followed this guide on fiesta faction and figured some stuff out for my self also.
https://www.fiestafaction.com/threads/guide-upgrade-sync-1-to-sync-2-3.57194/#post-313722

OP
samd864

samd864

Thread Starter #5
I've never seen this option in any settings before. Maybe look into it with FORScan?
Already had a good look through it, maybe if your cars don't have it it's not going to be an option for me. Not the end of the world I suppose.

Meddx

It cost quite a but but it involved buying all the hardware from the US. The sync module and screen, control panel with skip play pause etc and the new shroud and mount for the screen. also need to move pins around and add extra wires to the sync connector and reprogram with forscan.

I followed this guide on fiesta faction and figured some stuff out for my self also.
https://www.fiestafaction.com/threads/guide-upgrade-sync-1-to-sync-2-3.57194/#post-313722
I am also interested in upgrading mine, could you tell me how much it costed you?
In the guide you gave, it requires to "cut" the original mounting bracket. Have you damage the original part as described?

OP
samd864

samd864

Thread Starter #7
I am also interested in upgrading mine, could you tell me how much it costed you?
In the guide you gave, it requires to "cut" the original mounting bracket. Have you damage the original part as described?
I would say it cost me around £800 all together. It could be done cheaper if you bought the unit without factory navigation. you might save £200.

I did cut the bracket as described in the guide. It is part of the dashboard so when you cut it out the original radio will not go back in. You order a new bracket (the part number is in the guide) to screw in in place of it.

Meddx

I would say it cost me around £800 all together. It could be done cheaper if you bought the unit without factory navigation. you might save £200.

I did cut the bracket as described in the guide. It is part of the dashboard so when you cut it out the original radio will not go back in. You order a new bracket (the part number is in the guide) to screw in in place of it.
Ok ok I see, thanks for the reply!

Hi All,
I recently upgraded my head unit from the sync 1 system (best that was available in the UK on the mk7). I have it 99% working, the only thing i'm really missing is... It used to have an option come up on the screen when I turned the car off to disable the internal alarm sensors so i could leave the windows down without the alarm going off. With sync 3 I no longer have that option when I turn the car off or in the vehicle settings menu. Ive tried all sorts changes in Forscan to no avail. Owners of the ST in the US that have sync 3 do you have this option in your sync vehicle settings? Its the only thing i'm missing to make the install 100%.
I don't think the US cars even have an alarm! That is probably why there is no options for it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Tashy26

Hi All,
Can anyone who’s been able to do this with a right hand drive fiesta share some photos of it completed?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Can anyone who’s been able to do this with a right hand drive fiesta share some photos of it completed?
It may be something you must give up in order to move into Sync 3 as it may no longer be an option in Sync 3 like it was in Sync 1*