Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Upgrading my stereo, anything else?

Hey guys. I have been visiting this forum often since I bought my FiST. I think the stock stereo is great for all the kids, except me. Its heavily lacking. So I bought myself a couple items. And had some stuff sitting on the shelf.

Speakers, I have some kicker qs s65. I picked them up because the tweeters can detach and they are well made. 20201127_134138.jpg
I also had a jl audio HD 900/5. Which I'm going to drive these speakers with. My sub is going to be either 3 jl audio 10tw3 or 2 jl audio 13tw5 (in custom life after bass boxes). Which all would fit under my false trunk floor.

I was going to add a lc7i. I have some dynamat extreme or some nice Japanese sound mat, which I cant remember whats its name. I was going to line the doors and floor with.

Anyone have any suggestions on adding, not doing or why I dont need what pieces for any reasons? My budget for stereo parts was 5k. Im well under it. As the speakers I cant remember were like I think 4-450 each pair, amp was 900 new, and subs and dyna mat were priced well enough I cant complain. I still have about 2k left for whatever. (Stereo related, or sound enhancements, or quality of life improvement etc. )

I'll post pics of all my gear and when I start slapping it in, and my step by step.

What are your planning on for equalization? Any audio system in an auto will be full of peaks and valleys in the sound field that can be detrimental to the quality of the sound. As a "kid" who enjoys listening to Classical up to Blue Grass and hard Rock I've found a good 4 or 5 channel parametric equalizer to be critical. Note, as someone who enjoys GOOD sound you'll find you don't notice the Bass in my sound systems, sub woofers should NOT be heard, they should politely fill in the background when needed.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What are your planning on for equalization? Any audio system in an auto will be full of peaks and valleys in the sound field that can be detrimental to the quality of the sound. As a "kid" who enjoys listening to Classical up to Blue Grass and hard Rock I've found a good 4 or 5 channel parametric equalizer to be critical. Note, as someone who enjoys GOOD sound you'll find you don't notice the Bass in my sound systems, sub woofers should NOT be heard, they should politely fill in the background when needed.
What type of equalizer would you recommend?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
R
Thread Starter #4
I'll probably buy a twk-88 for my dsp needs. I have a kicker dsp I could use. But I like the features of what the 88 has. I have a bass knob. I like having it properly sound aligned, but I also want to have some slap once in a while.