Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Upper front grill support tabs

So I notice the tabs on my ST is busted, I think its caused by some jackass backing into my car just enough to break it, there is no noticable damage to my bumper otherwise. I found the tabs floating around in my splash guard when I removed it to install my intercooler.

Does anyone know how useful or important these tabs are? I'd imagine it may help with the gap between the hood and the upper part of the bumper. Anyone have a "fix" for this or a way to replace that part without buying a whole new grill?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So I notice the tabs on my ST is busted, I think its caused by some jackass backing into my car just enough to break it, there is no noticable damage to my bumper otherwise. I found the tabs floating around in my splash guard when I removed it to install my intercooler.

Does anyone know how useful or important these tabs are? I'd imagine it may help with the gap between the hood and the upper part of the bumper. Anyone have a "fix" for this or a way to replace that part without buying a whole new grill?
Pictures of the clips needed...but if they broke off the molded portion of the Grill it most likely only will come only as an assembly.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Manta Ray
Thread Starter #3
Pictures of the clips needed...but if they broke off the molded portion of the Grill it most likely only will come only as an assembly.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
yup it looks like the plastic piece with 2 stabs sticking out that is "plastic welded" to the grill. How important is this piece?

You can see if a local body shop has a nitrogen welder that can reattach the broke plastic. Bigger shops will have this equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk