Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

US v EU Drivetrain

Do they differ in terms of their transmission? I know my car (UK spec) has a 6 speed Getrag unit, but recommended oil fill levels vary so widely online I'm wondering if the US cars had a different 'box.

For the record, I put 1.7L in my gearbox yesterday, which seems to be the most widely quoted figure...(paranoia kicks in > reaches for fiestaforum!)

As far as I know both the EDM and USDM versions use the same IB6 transmission. There's been a ton of discussion about this, but the general consensus now is that the transmissions were underfilled from the factory and should be filled with 2L of fluid. When I changed my transmission fluid a while back I used 2L of Ravenol 75W-80 MTF2 and noticed an improvement in shifter feel.

More details about the transmission can be found here.

OP
B
Thread Starter #4
Thanks guys, wasn't aware of the potential underfilling from factory.

OP
B
Thread Starter #7
I went with between 1.7 and 1.8L, assuming there was some residual oil left in there let's say there's 1.9ish litres in there and the shifter is as sweet as a nut.