Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

USDM mk7 to mk8 bumper/headlight conversion

I love my ST but one of the things I don't like about the USDM fiestas is the terrible headlights. And by that I mean they just aren't as good for seeing the side of the road and pedestrians. At first I was thinking of just getting the euro headlights and jerry rigging the lit amber markers onto them. Honestly, I haven't researched too much into it so I'm not even sure if that's possible. But then I noticed that the mk8 have larger and better looking headlights and then started to wonder what If the front bumper was even compatible with the mk7, obviously, the front quarter panels and hood would also need to swapped. But other than that does anyone know if they fit?

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
NOPE....... Totally different body and a Pipe dream....Just take your OEM light and retrofit some HID OR LED lights into them or BUY new headlamp assemblies from a vendor overseas. Look into DanBfree headlamp thread for where to order or ideas for a retrofit conversion. But hey if you really wanna buy some MK8 headlamps just to see if they fit be our guest! Good luck!

Last edited:
OP
Xiocuatl
Thread Starter #3
But hey if you really wanna buy some MK8 headlamps just to see if they fit be our guest! Good luck!
Lol, no need I already know they definently have a different shape to them than the mk7 headlights. I was more or less wondering the compatibility of the whole front exterior and if any of our UK buddies would know.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Lol, no need I already know they definently have a different shape to them than the mk7 headlights. I was more or less wondering the compatibility of the whole front exterior and if any of our UK buddies would know.
Just get the MK7.5 Euro’s they are much better. People need to stop thinking about trying out MK8 stuff on MK7.5 totally redesigned chassis and bodywork. May look close but its different.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
NOPE....... Totally different body and a Pipe dream....Just take your OEM light and retrofit some HID OR LED lights into them or BUY new headlamp assemblies from a vendor overseas. Look into Dpros headlamp thread for where to order or ideas for a retrofit conversion. But hey if you really wanna buy some MK8 headlamps just to see if they fit be our guest! Good luck!
No no I did not do the headlight thread thats Danbfree please do not confuse us.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
No one bothers jerry-rigging the amber marker on them because no one cares, and by that I mean the "they" who counts, Po-Po.... I mean, people will even buy the corner blackouts to hide them on their stock reflectors, it's just not anything cops care about or notice.. and what's nice is the shipping is much cheaper and faster now too, only $300 a pair shipped and from there another $40+ on bulbs, maybe $20 on wiring if you want to run power for the auto DRL high and low... or, go with TechMax Gen 2 from THIS chart for your stock reflectors, proper design so no blinding glare and will give you the visibility you're looking for.

OP
Xiocuatl
Thread Starter #8
No one bothers jerry-rigging the amber marker on them because no one cares, and by that I mean the "they" who counts, Po-Po.... I mean, people will even buy the corner blackouts to hide them on their stock reflectors, it's just not anything cops care about or notice.. and what's nice is the shipping is much cheaper and faster now too, only $300 a pair shipped and from there another $40+ on bulbs, maybe $20 on wiring if you want to run power for the auto DRL high and low... or, go with TechMax Gen 2 from THIS chart for your stock reflectors, proper design so no blinding glare and will give you the visibility you're looking for.
Thanks! This all really useful info. I often drive at night so one of the first things i noticed was the lack of brightness on the road. I figured i could just get some aftermarket ones but the lack of options was rather disappointing. You have no idea how happy I am to see that the fiesta has more support than I initially thought

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thanks! This all really useful info. I often drive at night so one of the first things i noticed was the lack of brightness on the road. I figured i could just get some aftermarket ones but the lack of options was rather disappointing. You have no idea how happy I am to see that the fiesta has more support than I initially thought
Yeah, it still doesn't have any decent alternative styled aftermarket styles, other than some import ones that are really expensive and gimmicky... but at least we have decent OEM replica projectors available and even those decent LED options for the stock reflectors are a nice upgrade as they have proven to not have glare like those old shitty LED's that everybody hates! hehe..