Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Used 14/15 Fist vs 16+

Hey guys! I’m finally in a place where I can buy a Fist. There are a few 15’s around me from 8500-11k and a few 16+‘s in the area from 14-16k. What are the major differences between the two (sync2 vs3), are there any reliability differences (overheating, trans issues etc) and if you were in my shoes would you sling the extra cash for a 16+? The car will be a daily driver and I plan on putting some MILES on the car as well as some mods. I used to be very active on the forums but haven’t checked in in quite some time (after buying my ND). I’m hoping this month I’ll have the ND and a Fist in the driveway. Thanks in advance guys! Here’s a pic of the ND! 85286B20-62D5-4DD0-9F88-51CD7328E008.jpeg

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
The suspension has some upgrades on the 2016 and newer FiST if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
If it was me id get a 16+ due to having Sync 3 ...Look for Modding wear and tear....AKA was previously modded and then de-modded. Might even get lucky and get one with Mountune/ Mishimoto aluminum radiator also.

zanethan

‘14 and early build ‘15s had potential overheating issues. There was a recall issued involving re-plumbing the coolant lines coming from the turbo and adding a dummy light. I think the 16+ suspension updates make it more live able on a daily basis. +1 on looking for signs of previously being modified. Popular mods include front mount IC, rear motor mount, short shift plate, and a tune. Obviously a tune will be hard to discover but if it’s had a FMIC odds are it had a tune.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I was also trying to hold out for a '16 but my '14 was so cheap I couldn't pass it up. Anything is good if it's cheap enough.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I was also trying to hold out for a '16 but my '14 was so cheap I couldn't pass it up. Anything is good if it's cheap enough.
I ended up with a used 14 too but that's because I wanted Spirit or as some call it, Performance Blue and not Kona Blue. I got it for $9900, 75k miles, no accidents and full Ford Service history every 6k.

OP
EnthusiaST
Thread Starter #7
I ended up with a used 14 too but that's because I wanted Spirit or as some call it, Performance Blue and not Kona Blue. I got it for $9900, 75k miles, no accidents and full Ford Service history every 6k.

Current options.
There’s a clean green envy base 15 near me with 88k for $8900 I believe I could get for 8k.
A base 16 with 63k I may be able to get at 10.5k and a loaded recaro 16 with 24k with some warranty remaining I believe I could get for 13.5-14k.

Decisions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
There is a nice Green envy on here,...nicely modded and taken care of and a great price! Check out the For sale section it!

OP
EnthusiaST
Thread Starter #9
There is a nice Green envy on here,...nicely modded and taken care of and a great price! Check out the For sale section it!
Unfortunately I live in MI, he’s too far away. There’s a modded 16 right by me actually in the color combo I want but it has a check engine light for the EVAP system. How hard/costly is this issue to fix outside of warranty?

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Unfortunately I live in MI, he’s too far away. There’s a modded 16 right by me actually in the color combo I want but it has a check engine light for the EVAP system. How hard/costly is this issue to fix outside of warranty?

It may be a simple fix. Check Whoosh for the manifold fix, they have a kit that fixes that. Most likely what it is.

OP
EnthusiaST
Thread Starter #11
It may be a simple fix. Check Whoosh for the manifold fix, they have a kit that fixes that. Most likely what it is.

I’ll take a look into that. I believe the code it’s throwing is P1450 “cannot bleed up fuel tank” and it’s stalling after fill ups.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I’ll take a look into that. I believe the code it’s throwing is P1450 “cannot bleed up fuel tank” and it’s stalling after fill ups.
Oh, then the purge valve needs replacing. Lots of info out there about this. Not a big deal.

OP
EnthusiaST
Thread Starter #13
Opinions. 80k Miles too high for a fist? There’s a clean one owner 2016 with a detailed service history for sale for a great price.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Opinions. 80k Miles too high for a fist? There’s a clean one owner 2016 with a detailed service history for sale for a great price.

I bought my 2014 with 2 owner full Ford service history every 6k miles through both owners and a clean CarFax. Mileage was 72k when I bought it. No regrets! I couldn't have asked for a better history than what I got and I paid under 10k for it.