Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Vanity plates -- opinion -- SHTBOX

Serious thread, not trying to start any trouble here... what would most people think if I had the plates "SHTBOX" on the Fiesta ST... I have really loved every car I ever owned... except maybe a Delta 88 a long time ago... and I love the Fiesta ST. However, I think it's good self deprecating humor to call it a sh*t-box. Most people don't like my sense of humor, but I crack myself up and enjoy it... reason for this thread is that these days so many people want to be politicsally correct and not offend anyone.

I definitely don't want to hurt people's feelings, one or two now and then unintentionally I'm fine with... and I don't want to alienate all the people who loove these cars. Some honest feedback, if you think I'm a dick, or if it's not funny, or nobody cares, or it's hilarious... let me know.

More about me... Roadraced motorcycles for a few years in Texas and Colorado... then I've done autocross for a few seasons, got first place for two seasons in the Street Modified class with a 2000 Mustang GT, and the season before that it was 2nd place for Novice (my first season)... then lots of open track stuff and more motorcycle stuff over the years. Three years ago I was shopping for a Fiesta ST to autocross and daily drive around instead of my truck, ended up with a 2007 V10 powered BMW M5 instead, but I still pretty much daily drive the truck and it has 130K miles so I need to park it and use it just when I need to. Just got the 2016 Fiesta ST and there were some issues I didn't like so I'm returning it and picking up a 2018 one on Thursday.

Calling the Fiesta sh*t-box is sort of like calling my best friend dumb-as*... it's not meant to be derogatory.

Thanks,
Dave

OP
A
Thread Starter #4
You're right about the DMV and I've already checked today what I can and cannot do, I'm pretty sure I can do it, it will not be exactly as shown in the thread. I'll attach the result if I do it, need to wait until after next week or a litle bit further.

OP
A
Thread Starter #5
Plus ours cars are not shitboxs so just why?
I just think it would be funny, my best friends' aren't dumbasses either. But I get it, and I would not call your car a shitbox, nor do I think the Fiesta ST is a shitbox.

FJ16

I personally don't like any vanity plates I've ever seen, so I would probably roll my eyes like all the others... but I also might chuckle at it.

Spork1569

I personally don't like any vanity plates I've ever seen, so I would probably roll my eyes like all the others... but I also might chuckle at it.
I myself just am not creative enough to think of a vanity plate that I thought was good enough so I went with the randomly generated option.

Still dig the black CA plates so paid for those but it's all just a random jumble of letters and numbers like the old plates.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Well way back in the day when vanity plates first came around I had a Datsun 510 and I wanted to do IEATBMW . As 510’s pretty much dominated 2002’s in racing.
Won championships against them year after year.

When I got my ST I kinda wanted to do a Black because Orange car so a vanity plate made sense so I tossed names around I really wanted to make Orange Crush or Road Punch work but it was too hard and either was taken in the best spelling or did not explain itself well enough.
727873A3-1785-4529-8CD1-61DF04891C84.jpeg

So my friend suggested SpicyST which I almost did but I had already figured out STGoKRT and it was between those two. I tested them on people and found a lot of people were like spicy street?

At least ST GOKRT could be street go Kart which would work out as well. So I posted spicyst up here and someone else grabbed it which is cool. As I took STGOKRT and people in the know or into cars completely get it. I am happy I think its cool way to describe my car.

Spork1569

Well way back in the day when vanity plates first came around I had a Datsun 510 and I wanted to do IEATBMW . As 510’s pretty much dominated 2002’s in racing.
Won championships against them year after year.

When I got my ST I kinda wanted to do a Black because Orange car so a vanity plate made sense so I tossed names around I really wanted to make Orange Crush or Road Punch work but it was too hard and either was taken in the best spelling or did not explain itself well enough.
View attachment 22421

So my friend suggested SpicyST which I almost did but I had already figured out STGoKRT and it was between those two. I tested them on people and found a lot of people were like spicy street?

At least ST GOKRT could be street go Kart which would work out as well. So I posted spicyst up here and someone else grabbed it which is cool. As I took STGOKRT and people in the know or into cars completely get it. I am happy I think its cool way to describe my car.
Funnily enough I think I saw your original post and started using SpicyST on my FiST in Forza Horizon 4 because of that post.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Funnily enough I think I saw your original post and started using SpicyST on my FiST in Forza Horizon 4 because of that post.
I actually saw the car that got it. Another Orange Spice here in SoCal. I was like oh he must have got it off my post on the forums. I know because when I was thinking of using it it was available.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I still want FWD SUX on mine... Or HWY RNNR

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I personally value anonymity so I'm not big on vanity plates. That being said, it's your car do what makes you happy. One other consideration - if you drive like an asshat, a vanity plate makes you easier to remember and report ;)

OP
A
Thread Starter #13
I do like the gokart themed plate. I may do that instead. Time to renew that registration.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I personally value anonymity so I'm not big on vanity plates. That being said, it's your car do what makes you happy. One other consideration - if you drive like an asshat, a vanity plate makes you easier to remember and report ;)
Ya if you live in Irvine. :ROFLMAO: Plus there are so many asshat Prius and Tesla drivers and SUV drivers in SoCal even with a vanity plate you get disregarded quickly in a FiST. Hell come over here or Glendale and see all the Armenian guys ripping around in their Benz’s BMW’s and exotics :ROFLMAO:. Seriously vanity plates on a FiST really not a problem at all no one cares about your little FIST.

Lol Everyone was like oh bright Orange cop magnet. They do not even see me. Its just a little Orange economy car in their eyes nothing going on there its not a threat lol.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Lol Everyone was like oh bright Orange cop magnet. They do not even see me. Its just a little Orange economy car in their eyes nothing going on there its not a threat lol.
YEA, what he said.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Ya if you live in Irvine. [emoji23] Plus there are so many asshat Prius and Tesla drivers and SUV drivers in SoCal even with a vanity plate you get disregarded quickly in a FiST. Hell come over here or Glendale and see all the Armenian guys ripping around in their Benz’s BMW’s and exotics [emoji23]. Seriously vanity plates on a FiST really not a problem at all no one cares about your little FIST.

I've sped around a corner, and cops start looking around at all the other cars except the Fiesta.

I even purposely backfire next to cops and they just look surprised from the sounds coming from a Fiesta.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Same here, agreed, but, IF Pennsyltuckey would allow me to have M SPORT, I would get them (I cannot figure out how that is salacious/offensive to anyone, but they somehow think it is [???:)] ).

I might try to go for MSPORTR, IF they would even allow that one.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Same here, agreed, but, IF Pennsyltuckey would allow me to have M SPORT, I would get them (I cannot figure out how that is salacious/offensive to anyone, but they somehow think it is [:)???] ).

I might try to go for MSPORTR, IF they would even allow that one.
Maybe they it means man sport which perhaps they feel is homoerotic:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:[:0][8]o_O