Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

VERUS Rear Splitter/Diffuser Install

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Here we go! Yay!

Here is a list of tools....it will get bigger as I add my tools I used. This little Tool is wonderful to hold nuts in tight spots as you will have to do so in this install or get Ghetto and tape the nut to the 10mm wrench to hold it while you tighten things up.
.The This tool Just allows you adapt easily between sizes if your lazy or don't have the space fro the larger tool to fit in.
Pi

I used A 1/4 inch ratchet due to its size and usability in tight confines.

Then the Rear Diffuser comes with Allen head bolts.....I also used this opportunity to go to the local hardware and buy more stainless steel washers and some Nylok Stainless nuts instead for the Normal ones that came with the kit as I am concerned with Durability and backing out due to vibrations throughout the body of the vehicle.

Now Get two jackstand.....a jack and proceed to put the FiST up. I just used the Center axle beam to use as a jacking point instead of doing each side individually. The placed the jack stands at the rear pinch welds and lowered the car down to be held. No I DO NOT have enough oil at my house....I have a second garage with enough oil to start and Exxon Valdez like EPA disaster.

Locate all the 3 brackets that came In Box for the Diffuser. The First bracket they say to install is the Driverside rear bracket it is held is by the 2 nuts, 2 bolts and 2 washers supplied. If you wanna be able to adjust the diffuser up and down leave them a little loose. This is Mn and we Use salt as you can see the Cancer in my Pics!

The Next bracket is the Passengerside rear this is done exactly the same way as the driverside.

Next bracket is the center bracket near the center beam in front of the Evap. charcoal canister. These nuts and bolts are a real treat to do and if you have larger forearm's your gonna have fun. The nuts and bolts are done blind. This can be done a few different ways I've figured out......You can do this bracket first if you'd like...then do the rears. Its a really tight area to work In but it can be done.

I used my Transmission Jack to hold the Diffuser up while I started to tighten and level everything out. I used a Towel on the jack to prevent an marring to the metal of the Diffuser also.

Then I started to go around and tighten up the bolts. If you want to raise the diffuser up there are provided spacers and longer bolts to lower it if you'd like. I did not lower mine down at all due to an install of lowering springs coming soon so I'm thinking ahead of not having to do the job twice after the springs are in. This gave me a chance to inspect my ceramic coated exhaust also...so far Still good!

Get it all lined up the way you want. Tighten up the Nuts and bolts that hold the shield to the brackets on underside of the Diffuser. Grab a level and make sure its even/ plum unless your into that stance crooked shit. Then lower it back down....Back up and admire your fine looking Aero you have installed. I also have done the side skirts in Vegas motorsports 1 piece and a Rally innovations 3 piece front splitter. Pictures to follow after its all dolled up and washed.

Now kick back and have alittle Drinky poo!

Last edited:

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Cool product. Just don’t know about those points. I feel like if was walking by I’d just wanna kick them or something.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
Cool product. Just don’t know about those points. I feel like if was walking by I’d just wanna kick them or something.
I said the same thing....I'm sure it will be ok....and for those who don't pay attention....too bad...so sad!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I said the same thing....I'm sure it will be ok....and for those who don't pay attention....too bad...so sad!
Have you ever walked too close to a truck and banged your shin on a trailer hitch?
Those will cut your leg right off. LOL

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
That is the Exact reason I think it should be illegal to drive with a hitch still In the receiver if you aren't towing....also it helps cut down on damage when there is an accident. The diffuser doesn't stick out as far as you think it does. Don't get me wrong it does come out to say HI. I know the day will come when I do run my Foot or hit my Gourd on it dinging around on my car.

That is the Exact reason I think it should be illegal to drive with a hitch still In the receiver if you aren't towing....also it helps cut down on damage when there is an accident. The diffuser doesn't stick out as far as you think it does. Don't get me wrong it does come out to say HI. I know the day will come when I do run my Foot or hit my Gourd on it dinging around on my car.
It is here in Connecticut, just not enforced

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It is here in Connecticut, just not enforced
I am almost positive that the LEOs here would ticket me for that, IF they noticed it.

Same reason I am hesitant to install an effective, aluminum front splitter which extends out much further than all of the cosmetic only ones.
Also, ALL of this stuff would last about a half mile (if that!) into a stage when I work on the ARA rallies I attend, and I do not feel like taking off, and re-installing it twice+ a year (the skid plate is enough of a pain doing that as it is).

This diffuser would also collect every single rock and piece of gravel on those stage roads, and have to be dropped to remove them. [:(]

I am almost positive that the LEOs here would ticket me for that, IF they noticed it.

Same reason I am hesitant to install an effective, aluminum front splitter which extends out much further than all of the cosmetic only ones.
Also, ALL of this stuff would last about a half mile (if that!) into a stage when I work on the ARA rallies I attend, and I do not feel like taking off, and re-installing it twice+ a year (the skid plate is enough of a pain doing that as it is).

This diffuser would also collect every single rock and piece of gravel on those stage roads, and have to be dropped to remove them. [:(]
It really is a shame that there are restrictions on radical things like splitters and what not but on the other side i can understand why they don't want you to have what is essentially a knife bolted onto the front of you car :ROFLMAO:. That being said I don't plan on letting it stop me from doing some aero one of these days! My real desire is for an M-sport body kit though!

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #15
I'm on the ball to find some Black Nylok nuts and washers for the side skirts to make it blend better in that area....always something I tell ya...

Last edited:

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I'm on the ball to find some Black Nylok nuts and washers for the side skirts to make it blend better in that area....always something I tell ya...
Unfortunately that is something you will never find.
The process used to make that kind of hardware black would destroy the lock insert.
If the blacking was done first, it would be destroyed when the lock was inserted.
Catch 22
I would just use a semi gloss black rattle can.

But then, Never Trust a Fabricator

One of my past rides..

The process used to make that kind of hardware black would destroy the lock insert.
If the blacking was done first, it would be destroyed when the lock was inserted.
Catch 22

One of my past rides..
You’re killin’ me man

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #19
Catch 22

One of my past rides..
The closest I can find are these....Not stainless but black

Keadic 185 Pieces Metric Black Zinc Plated Nylon Insert Lock Nuts Assortment Kit for Matching Screws or Bolts - Sizes Include:M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 M10 M12 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GNXDQJZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_qWHYCbESJKN1G

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I did say, "Never Trust a Fabricator". :LOL: