Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Vinyl Roof Wrap and Shark Fin Antenna, pics

Thought I'd toss up a few photos of my most recent additions to my FiST, a gloss black vinyl roof wrap, and a shark fin antenna from Visual Garage.

Brief testing of the reception from the antenna was all positive, no noticeable drop in AM, FM, or Satellite reception. However, it should be mentioned I was still in the Bay Area while trying all the aforementioned sources out, I suppose the real test for reception will come when I start getting into more rural area's.

(I also had the car opticoat'd, which is absolutely awesome!)

Let me know what y'all think... A bit undecided at the moment.

That white though. Looks much more of that classic Ford White than the Oxford. The vinyl gives that glass roof effect. Looks so fresh and so clean. I was going to remove the factory stripes and do something similar, but the stripes have grown on me; and they match the car's character, really.

Also if you don't me asking, around how much was the Opticoat, assuming you hired someone to prep and apply? My first wash/detail for the Fist was an 18 hour process because the thin white paint coat just loves to take on contaminants. OCD me spent a while claying, so any coating that would create a thicker layer than sealant and wax would be greatly appreciated.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Nice I just got the same antenna for my car I'm really liking it thus far. Your roof vinyl looks awesome I may need to consider that for my car.

OP
StevenP
Thread Starter #5
Thanks guys, appreciate the comments.

As per the question on the opticoat, I did indeed have a professional install it so I have the warranty and all that good stuff (not to mention the process seems pretty daunting, only a minute to work with it before it hardens, not gonna mess with experiments on my first new car!).

It wasn't cheap, cost 1350 for opticoat pro + on all painted surfaces and optiglass pro on all windows, however I'm really good at justifying the things I want so no biggie haha.

The beading and water shedding is ridiculous, really neat stuff.

As per the question on the opticoat, I did indeed have a professional install it so I have the warranty and all that good stuff (not to mention the process seems pretty daunting, only a minute to work with it before it hardens, not gonna mess with experiments on my first new car!).

It wasn't cheap, cost 1350 for opticoat pro + on all painted surfaces and optiglass pro on all windows, however I'm really good at justifying the things I want so no biggie haha.

Thanks for the response. I'll definitely be looking into it before the stormy season hits again.

Looks killer! You are going down the same exact path I did when I bought my Fiesta, I dropped mine off at my detailer right after it rolled off the transport, had car cleaned and coated, had the roof wrapped gloss black, and installed the same antenna. Still looks perfect after a year of driving.

I really, really wanted the White Platinum when I ordered my car, but I went with Molten Orange since it was not available (yet). Looks absolutely fantastic!

I wrapped the lower middle section of the front bumper as well, I feel it really completes the look.

OP
StevenP
Thread Starter #9
Cesso, I like your style! Now you have me pondering wrapping the lower valence as well.. Looks great!

I think it'd be every bit as noticeable and good looking on the ingot silver, it's all about the contrast and the silver/black theme is always a winner.

just out of curiosity what does vinyl work cost these days? Ive never had or priced vinyl work before. And is there any other prep or maintenance that u have to do after install?

OP
StevenP
Thread Starter #11
It was a little more than I expected, at 350 (I assumed it be in the 200 dollar range), however I do believe being in the Bay Area has a part in the higher price. I also didn't shop around a whole lot, just between the best reviewed shops.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Old thread yes, but a question on the opticoat:

What has to be done to maintain it after application, just a good wax/sealant like Collinite 845 every once in a while, or something much higher grade than that, or does a re-application have to be done every few years at that co$t??

I love what you did here. The car looks GREAT. Looking at doing the same to my just purchased 2017. Oxford white as well What is opticoat?

So I researched opticoat, good on that. More importantly how is the antenna working? Have yout experienced a loss of performance and do you have Sirius? Thanks

Since you are looking for opinions I would say that it looks okay but not great. With the steep windshield and the size of the FiST the roof is a very small area to work with. So it looks out of place by itself. You need to add some more black so it becomes part of a theme. Carbon hood and a splitter would look killer w the black roof.