Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Vland taillights???

So I want to get taillights for my fiesta and I kinda don’t want to go with the generic spec d route. I saw these vlands that look nice and affordable but can not find anything on them ie videos or reviews. Does anybody know anything about these or have them? Are they any good? Do they require repining?

Attachments

XanRules

There's a guy on Reddit who has them and he likes them pretty well: https://www.reddit.com/r/FiestaST/comments/17uin4o View: https://www.reddit.com/r/FiestaST/comments/17uin4o/new_tail_light_writeup_video_link_in_description/

The brake, turn, and reverse lights are all very small and dim, so he ended up building a harness to make the whole thing light up under braking, solving one of those problems: https://www.reddit.com/r/FiestaST/comments/17yoe3g View: https://www.reddit.com/r/FiestaST/comments/17yoe3g/i_made_an_adapter_to_address_the_brightness/?share_id=LMfpDqNtxyyPuN_E-PKWj&utm_content=1&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_source=share&utm_term=1

Ultimately as lighting is safety equipment, I would pass, even though they are kinda neat looking.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
There are multiple posts on the FiST facebook page about them and of people who have them. I personally think the brake light is way too small and not bright enough to compensate for its size. I'll stick to my Osrams

XanRules

There are multiple posts on the FiST facebook page about them and of people who have them. I personally think the brake light is way too small and not bright enough to compensate for its size. I'll stick to my Osrams
I don't want to hijack the thread, but how, if at all, were you able to get the Osrams stateside for a reasonable price? I think on eBay I see them for like, $550 + $300 shipping, which is far too rich for my blood.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I don't want to hijack the thread, but how, if at all, were you able to get the Osrams stateside for a reasonable price? I think on eBay I see them for like, $550 + $300 shipping, which is far too rich for my blood.
I got them a couple years ago for $520 shipped off their ebay store. Took exactly a month to get here since its from Germany.

I see a lot of people say they're too expensive but its Osram, they're literally in the OEM world when it comes to LEDs, HIDs, and ballasts. You get quality. Now I definitely wouldn't pay what price you claimed you saw. But $520 isn't bad IMO. Then there are the claims they suck because they leak water. Thats not a fault of the light. Its installer error. These have an opening in the back that seal to the body of the car because they're made for Euro FiSTs. Which have a plastic washer nut that screws onto a metal threaded rod that goes through the back of the car where the taillight mounts and sucks it to the car. People don't take that into account and water gets in because its not creating a good seal. I

I also just don't like the Spec-D's basically for the same reason as the Vland. Turn signal and brake lights are way to dim on the Spec-D's.

Here it is actually. Looks like it went up $10 or something.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202766300471?epid=7034716106&hash=item2f35d03537:g:WvAAAOSwjm5dZnyq&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA0PobCgVnVbm6e4mVKI4U3+PHf+FWW0FzFa5umYQLEAaHE/Ll41AZ70nEyRPCnjFRIi8fqFWEwOABDWnzSewn7DGRtUseL4hnpcAclHB1sMPg+oymP0ONERpAsUKt4MDY2JNJl3O/on7nPr4TvahdGyE+FKa3k7/rsV9pVN8FGB9erhp7mknbW7m0ylpfNOpqHJ3ns6xL0xNq1tVjeNRGRHjMbGG7qJwzhlOnrIRkZriK5WLxOicvo/QRl7KKQ4opOLES934dlIkW1JHI+tCO6W4=|tkp:Bk9SR4zdnNmIYw

Last edited:

XanRules

Thanks, I'd been eyeballing them for a while for the reasons you mentioned but for some reason had seen them as being vastly more expensive. I don't have $530 burning a hole in my pocket right now, but if and when I do, that's what I'd grab. Cheers! Anyway, back to OP's post.

Thanks, I'd been eyeballing them for a while for the reasons you mentioned but for some reason had seen them as being vastly more expensive. I don't have $530 burning a hole in my pocket right now, but if and when I do, that's what I'd grab. Cheers! Anyway, back to OP's post.
EURO OEM tail lights is an other cool option you can have for cheap. That's what I went for and it's OEM quality. Not much people in NA has those.

OP
B
Thread Starter #8
I got them a couple years ago for $520 shipped off their ebay store. Took exactly a month to get here since its from Germany.

I see a lot of people say they're too expensive but its Osram, they're literally in the OEM world when it comes to LEDs, HIDs, and ballasts. You get quality. Now I definitely wouldn't pay what price you claimed you saw. But $520 isn't bad IMO. Then there are the claims they suck because they leak water. Thats not a fault of the light. Its installer error. These have an opening in the back that seal to the body of the car because they're made for Euro FiSTs. Which have a plastic washer nut that screws onto a metal threaded rod that goes through the back of the car where the taillight mounts and sucks it to the car. People don't take that into account and water gets in because its not creating a good seal. I

I also just don't like the Spec-D's basically for the same reason as the Vland. Turn signal and brake lights are way to dim on the Spec-D's.

Here it is actually. Looks like it went up $10 or something.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202766300471?epid=7034716106&hash=item2f35d03537:g:WvAAAOSwjm5dZnyq&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA0PobCgVnVbm6e4mVKI4U3+PHf+FWW0FzFa5umYQLEAaHE/Ll41AZ70nEyRPCnjFRIi8fqFWEwOABDWnzSewn7DGRtUseL4hnpcAclHB1sMPg+oymP0ONERpAsUKt4MDY2JNJl3O/on7nPr4TvahdGyE+FKa3k7/rsV9pVN8FGB9erhp7mknbW7m0ylpfNOpqHJ3ns6xL0xNq1tVjeNRGRHjMbGG7qJwzhlOnrIRkZriK5WLxOicvo/QRl7KKQ4opOLES934dlIkW1JHI+tCO6W4=|tkp:Bk9SR4zdnNmIYw
How was the install? I’ve been looking at these too but since they are made for euro they seem to be a pain.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
How was the install? I’ve been looking at these too but since they are made for euro they seem to be a pain.
They're not hard. Only "mods" you need to do is get it to seal better against the body. Some have just put silicone around the foam seal between the foam seal and body, then others just get a plastic washer nut to thread onto the metal rod that goes through the body on the back of the light to suck it to the car.

Wiring wise you just need 2 OEM tail light harnesses so you can make a male to male harness. The Osrams have a female plug on them and the car side is also a female so you just need to splice two oem harnesses together to make a male to male. Genuinely isn't too bad.

If for whatever reason I have problems with these tail lights, I'll just get some 2013 Fiesta tails to swap out. Otherwise, they've been good for going on 3 years