Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wandering afr

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
Pretty simple. The bolt holes got javked after a few years of filter changes.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
Theres probably just enough of a crack between the top of the filter and the lid that it wasnt sealing when cold. Btw i also have the 14-15 evap harness. I wonder if swapping back to a 16+ would solve it.

Ill get pics tomorrow. Its rainy cold and shit outside. Lol

That wouldn't affect afr. Afr is calculated by the map sensor in the intake manifold. That's why even when you have a boost leak, you can still maintain proper afr.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
So in other words i have an issue that cant be tracked down easily 😐. Everything is tight and actually less than a month old since i got it back from crash repair. The passenger side did get whacked pretty hard by the deer. Then sat for snowstorms uncovered. My only other guess would be a map sensor starting to go??

Last edited:
OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
No. My ots tune has been fine. This popped up recently. Im not thinking its tune related. Tbis car does have 106k on it

If you are on a tune that it previously was not an issue, then it's not the tune.

It is unlikely not the map sensor too. I've been testing multiple map sensors recently and the issue is always still present.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
If you are on a tune that it previously was not an issue, then it's not the tune.

It is unlikely not the map sensor too. I've been testing multiple map sensors recently and the issue is always still present.
Canister purge valve possibly?*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
I know mine is only half a year old. I do have a back up off the old box.

Ok, so it appears my issue has corrected itself. Maybe it was all the map sensors I have been testing. I've been doing multiple reflashes, without even starting the vehicle, etc. Plus not putting miles on the car in weeks.

Today I put the oem map sensor back in, drove it for 10 minutes, and voila. Perfect! 9C9025EA-CC81-42BB-A56A-FB524DEF0783.jpeg

wetwea33

Ok, so it appears my issue has corrected itself. Maybe it was all the map sensors I have been testing. I've been doing multiple reflashes, without even starting the vehicle, etc. Plus not putting miles on the car in weeks.

Today I put the oem map sensor back in, drove it for 10 minutes, and voila. Perfect! View attachment 29555
By any chance did you have the power pulled on your split second contoller when this was happening?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

wetwea33

No, it has been powered the whole time.
The issue was at idle. The fuel controller isn't doing anything at idle.
No i realize it was att idle. I've heard of people cutting power to the split second controller with either a switch or pulling the fuse and having issues with their map sensor because the box was pulling power from the 5v map sensor wire. Not enough to power the box but to mess with the sensor.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The map sensor wire is an input, feeding information to the fuel controller. The controller should not be pulling any power on that wire.

Sound like they may have just had a poor connection on the map sensor signal wire. This wire is critical to fueling the engine appropriately.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39
I still have the oem one. Mine is as low load cruise when its not 100% up to temp yet.

It still wandered on my way into work today. Maybe after 4 years i should try a new oem sensor??