Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Washington DC Metro Area

So I know we just had snow last night, but I'm actually thinking of putting the summer tires back on this weekend. It's supposed to be in the 70s next week and stay pretty warm for the foreseeable future. I'm just nervous about a late March snow storm or something, but I figure I can get away with not driving for a day or so if that happens. As much as I like the comfort of the Michelin X-Ice's on 15's, especially over DC potholes, I do miss the tight handling and road feel I get with the stock tires and wheels. Anyone else in the same boat?

Just went through the same thought process today. I literally just got my summer tires back on like a hour ago.. I am pot hole dodging like mad, but glad I changed back. Praying for no late March snows but a 20minute swap isn't bad if we do get a late snow.

remy

Ya I'm thinking one of these 60/70 degree days it I'll be tossing in the summers again. I'll just be making more calls to pothole patrol lol

When? And also anyone interested in doing a track day? Scca track nights is running Dominon raceway in Fredericksburg, VA on May10th.. I am signed up already. Good way to test your car without a full bore weekend or tons of investment. I haven't been on track or raced in 5 years so I need to get back at it.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
When? And also anyone interested in doing a track day? Scca track nights is running Dominon raceway in Fredericksburg, VA on May10th.. I am signed up already. Good way to test your car without a full bore weekend or tons of investment. I haven't been on track or raced in 5 years so I need to get back at it.
hmmm tempting, even if just to go down to say whats up lol

Hey its brand new track as well. Should be fun. Stop down and check it out. Think its like 3pm-9pm

Ooh, I could be interested. I haven't tracked it yet and don't even have a helmet or anything. I do want to do it sometime this summer and Dominion looks like a fun track, especially for our cars. I was actually flying out that way yesterday and totally could have checked it out from the air, but didn't even think of it.

In other news, I put the summers back on today and took it out for a spin on some windy roads down by Burke. Didn't realize how much I missed them. Definitely had more confidence to push them than the winters, which I actually thought had impressive dry traction. Going back to feeling every pebble on the road was a bit unsettling at first though. At first the vibration made me think I didn't tighten down the bolts enough or something.

Yeah. Going to be killing my stock summer tires this upcoming event. Than probably get another set of wheels and do some Rcomps on those since that's cheaper than a LSD install lol... You should still come out and check it out though. Everyone has to start somewhere at some point

Ace

I know I'm new and young but I'm really interested depending on price haha...I honestly didn't even know I have a track locally till I read this post lol. I'm in Fredericksburg myself and thought it'd be really cool, where can I find more info on this event? Dominion Raceway website?

Ace

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Hey anyone up for a local meeting this week? Tomorrow or friday evening? Open to time/place suggestions!

Im up for either, if its friday itll have to be 6:30ish since i seem to get pounded with repairs on friday.