Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Washington DC Metro Area

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
The rain storms this year have been terrible..

I'm very interested in how the front grille looks after you've sanded down the honey comb. Do you have plans to paint (or otherwise make prettier) the crash bar that sits behind it?
Well, my sanding flapper wheel is too old and HD & Lowes don't carry them any more, so I'm going to skip it for now. There are one or two YT vids out there. The thickness is greater than I expected. Very strong. Strong like bull.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hey DMV. I saw some activity on this thread so wanted to speak up since I’m local - in Annapolis. I have a stock Black 19’ with 4K miles. Loving it. Let me know if you’re out my way...

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Hey DMV. I saw some activity on this thread so wanted to speak up since I’m local - in Annapolis. I have a stock Black 19’ with 4K miles. Loving it. Let me know if you’re out my way...
That activity is my fault! Annapolis...local...sure....lol...yes, I know it is, sort of. We have such a large MSA. I'm way out here in Sterling and only get that way to visit my Foosball partner in Crofton once in a great while or when I play foos in Jessup.

My grey '19 from memorial weekend sale is at ~2,230 miles and has a lot of mods now. All performance mods are done, by me. Only thing left is the boomba short throw shift and sound-deadening/insulating project for early fall. Along the way I want to get into Forscan and turn off the Sony sound processing. Well, that, replace the speakers and add on a sub or two. Once I settle into the car, I won't be on here much either. I have much to do on upgrading my home music studio. Future mod.....remove rear seat and seat back, fabricate framework for area where seat bottom was and put subs in there, fabricate divider wall where seat back was so I can have it down to carry things and up to maybe seat one person behind the passenger using foam pads and the factory seat belt. I rarely have anybody in the rear seats of any of my cars in decades. Those days were in the 70's.

Anybody wanna buy a motorcycle? 2005 Suzuki Vstrom 1000 - "Adventure Touring" class. I'm letting it go cheap.

I commute from Leesburg to Herdon, so you might see me around Sterling. Ingot Silver, tinted windows, window visors, black sparco wheels, red brake calipers.

Totally agree, install days are the best way to learn. There's always a lesson to be learned whether watching or doing the wrenching yourself.

Between myself and a couple buddies of mine, we did all the work on my previous car. From installing 6-puck clutches to cleaning valves with walnut media and a media blaster, we did it all. There was a lot of fail along the way, but learning from that fail gives you that much more confidence the next time around. It got to the point, after 8 years of ownership, we didn't trust anyone to do a better job than we could do ourselves.

As long as you have the shop manual, there's really nothing you can't do with the right tools.

Just got an assignment to the DC area so i am looking forward to seeing some more FiST's come November. Does anyone have any recommendations in the northern VA area for housing ideally a reasonable commute to the Pentagon?

Just got an assignment to the DC area so i am looking forward to seeing some more FiST's come November. Does anyone have any recommendations in the northern VA area for housing ideally a reasonable commute to the Pentagon?
What is your housing budget and what is your time for a reasonable commute? Ideally you will want to live near a Metro station and rail to work

What is your housing budget and what is your time for a reasonable commute? Ideally you will want to live near a Metro station and rail to work
Trying to stay below $2,500 all in right now we are looking to the Woodbridge area 45 minutes tops would be perfect commute wise however, this is DC so I know that would be difficult haha.

Trying to stay below $2,500 all in right now we are looking to the Woodbridge area 45 minutes tops would be perfect commute wise however, this is DC so I know that would be difficult haha.
Woodbridge is on the I95 corridor which is usually a nightmare. Try Springfield or Burke areas and for your budget you might do ok in south Arlington.
Also go to WTOP newsradio online and listen to the traffic reports on the 8's to get an idea of the bottleneck routes.

Woodbridge is on the I95 corridor which is usually a nightmare. Try Springfield or Burke areas and for your budget you might do ok in south Arlington.
Also go to WTOP newsradio online and listen to the traffic reports on the 8's to get an idea of the bottleneck routes.
Thanks a ton for the input, my schedule for work will be a little off of the peak traffic times but we will try looking more in the Burke area.

I lived in Alexandria a few years and I think South Alexandria or Lorton may meet your criteria. The Huntington Metro Station is easily accessible and you don’t have to deal with I95 traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Ugh....I used to work in Pentagon city and then crystal city. And DC in a few places...(govt IT support)

Pick your poison, depending on your length of stay. Put up with hot, crowded, crappy metro rail or sitting in traffic or....express busses that go straight to the Pentagon (best bet). Sleep or work while THEY drive.

Oh, and slugging. I did it from Herndon-Monroe to L'enFant plaza and then to Crystal City for another contract. Saved a ton of money! That was before metro took over parking. No idea what the status is now. I95 slugging will go until eternity...

I've been commute-free for 2 years now. And the good life...

There is some Friday night car thing at Lowes in Sterling. I drove through it just before they closed. I have too many interests and hobbies. I'd rather make music than sit and bs about cars...my home studio should be ready (better be ready) by January.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

JasonHaven

Two questions:

Anyone have any body shop suggestions? I live in the Arlington area, but am willing to drive. Need some scratches and dings fixed up as well as a rocker panel replacement/repair.

Also, any good tuning shops? (for either installing physical parts, or working on tunes, etc)

Thanks!

Two questions:

Anyone have any body shop suggestions? I live in the Arlington area, but am willing to drive. Need some scratches and dings fixed up as well as a rocker panel replacement/repair.

Also, any good tuning shops? (for either installing physical parts, or working on tunes, etc)

Thanks!
Falls Church Autobody does good work. I’ve been dealing with them for years. Not sure about tuning...

Two questions:

Thanks!
PTuning or kinetic autoworks

OP
R
Thread Starter #338
I and a few ST/RS owning co-workers have gotten work done at Mach V Motorsports in Sterling and have been happy with the results.

I gave a thumbs up to a black FiST at the Cascades Parkway intersection with Palisade yesterday. Usually I only see other ones when I'm in my Miata or E46, but that will change as I'm moving out west fairly soon.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
PTuning or kinetic autoworks
For auto body, I have used Circle and Platinum. No issues. Cascades is a huge place.

For my future LSD early next year, I talked to MachV and Ptuning. I chose Ptuning. Kinetic autoworks is too far.