Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Water atomizer vs Methanol in air inlet?

I've read posts about methanol injection kits, and they need some sort of pump, to inject the fluid post intercooler; partly because methanol and any plastic tubing, as well as the IC don't get along well.

While methanol is cheap compared to gasoline, it still costs a lot compared to water.

What if I were to use a cheap water atomizer, and use it to vaporize water straight in the air intake (post MAF, pre turbo)?

The benefits are:
1- Water is much cheaper, costs next to nothing ($1 for a gallon of distilled).
2- No pump necessary, can be sucked in through vacuum.
3- Since it's post Turbo, it'll not only cool down the turbo, but also make the IC operate more efficiently.
4- Since it soaks up heat from the turbo, and under pressure in the intercooler, it'll vaporize easier.
5- Water injection is sufficient to allow better timing, and steam from the combustion should get higher low RPM HP (torque).
6- MPG increases due to higher density
7- Cleans carbon off the cylinders and valves.

Cons:
1- Less HP gain than with a water-methanol mix
2- Water vapor might condense in the IC.
3- More water out of exhaust pipe
4- Need a control mechanism to inject water vapor upon acceleration; as continuous water vapor might pollute the engine oil.

Would it be viable to use a water atomizer to boost power?
Anything else I'm missing here?