Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wavetrac vs the rest

Intuit

3000 Post Club
The Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus XL have an "uglier" tread pattern, but that's not an insult as it's what makes them useful on snow. (which is particularly important here) For rain, you will need a "pretty" and contoured pattern**; but they are useless for the white stuff.

** (which seems to be the overwhelming majority of tires as this "pretty" stuff is what sells)

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #62
Just an update.. My new trans will have a Gripper plate diff from the UK. Hope it was worth the $$$. Still waiting for parts but hope to have the car up by March.
The Pumaspeed Gripper combo didn’t work out. I’ll be using a Clarke with a Wavetrac instead. Guess I’ll find out if Wavetrac really does have an advantage. Lap times will tell.

Peterson

Premium Account
Update on the Torque steer issue altered tire pressure by a pound and it took away a good amount of the TQ steer. I will also report that while RT660’s are great initially as they wear it’s not only delamination issues they tend to start having vibrational and balance issues as well. When I rotated my still tread life rears to the front the ride experience was pretty bad. I have since put on Continental Contact Extreme Sport02’s for winter rainy driving and they re pretty damn nice. They are the updated Version of the DW 06’s to the point that they even have DW stamped in the tread.
Anyways long and short playing with tire pressure goes a long way towards TQ steer control and do not buy RT660’s.
I never had the delamination problem, but damn did I have vibration on the outer edge wear. I initially thought I was having a mechanical failure somewhere 😆

I am going back to Potenzas