Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Waze for Android Auto is here!

How do I switch to Waze from GMaps?

I see the little arrow next to Audio and I can switch between Spotify, Google Play, Pocketcasts, etc.. , but I don't have that same arrow to switch out of Maps.

Edit: yes, I do have Waze installed.

OP
brbauer2

brbauer2

Thread Starter #3
Make sure it is the correct version of Waze.

I also notice the little arrow doesn't always show up, so try tapping the map again when Maps is active.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Any idea when this will come out for Apple? I can't imagine them being too far behind.
Not for the foreseeable future. Apple limits 3rd party developers access to CarPlay to audio and messaging apps only.

Hopefully they’ll allow 3rd party navigation someday but it’s not in iOS 11 so it will be at least another year.

me32

1000 Post Club
Any idea when this will come out for Apple? I can't imagine them being too far behind.
The same day you trade your iPhone in for an Android. Jk.

Apple doesn't play well with others so most of the time when there are issues iPhone and cars with sync it's normally Apple not allowing the 3rd party to incorrperate things needed to work right.

Anyone else experiencing missing icons when using Waze with AA? When it was first released, if I go-to report traffic, the screen that shows moderate, heavy, and standstill showed icons of cars adjacent to the text, now it just shows the text for me. Same for hazards on the road.

OP
brbauer2

brbauer2

Thread Starter #14
Anyone else experiencing missing icons when using Waze with AA? When it was first released, if I go-to report traffic, the screen that shows moderate, heavy, and standstill showed icons of cars adjacent to the text, now it just shows the text for me. Same for hazards on the road.
Haven't noticed any issues with that.