Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Weight Reduction Thread.

I picked up a goo/ inflation combo. I dont have the exact numbers in front of me but the spare was about 36lbs, jack and junk was another 5ish. This is 3 or 4 lbs so thats a good reduction
Done any research into any particular "goo"? Slime brand has a chemical found in antifreeze. As we all should be aware of, antifreeze will eat away at paint if not cleaned up. I'm just thinking about the inner portion of painted wheels. Not sure if Stan's would work in a car tire, but I run it in my tubeless mtb tires and my rims show no paint degradation.

Oh, get one of those tire plug kits and keep the jack. You still might need to remove or spin the wheel/tire to perform the plug install;)

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
I'm going to change the name of this thread to Weight Reduction Thread. It was originally just about my experience in removing the rear headrests.
I think there's a lot of interest in weight reduction generally, and there have been a lot of good responses on that subject so this could be a place to collect suggestions for reducing weight in the car, and people's experiences in removing different things.
If you can please include how much weight you saved, or an estimate, and how it affected the feel or sound of the car if it did.

Last edited:

Se7eN

Maybe I'm getting old but I just cannot run without interiors all the time. My car ain't that loud until your remove everything and realize it's almost straight piped.

I still remove everything in the back if I'm going lets say to the track. But found that the front Recaro even though heavy, helps with that front end grip off the line and such so I never remove it. I also have lighter then stock rims 19lbs vs 22-24lbs stock( ? ).

Removing all of this weight from the rear of the car sounds appealing but are adjustments to the rear suspension being addressed?

Trust me I wouldn’t mind losing a few pounds but my suspension is set for stock weight. Best bet is lightweight wheels imo. Without back seats I would have to sound deaden the whole trunk and it’s ugly af naked and there’s another project. Not gon’ do it!

Se7eN

Trust me I wouldn’t mind losing a few pounds but my suspension is set for stock weight. Best bet is lightweight wheels imo. Without back seats I would have to sound deaden the whole trunk and it’s ugly af naked and there’s another project. Not gon’ do it!
Which is why I only ever do it if that day I'm going to the track. Removing the rear seats takes about 15mins once you know how to do it. Only one bolt has to come out which holds the middle seat belt.

Last time I put them back in the next morning in about 20mins.

Which is why I only ever do it if that day I'm going to the track. Removing the rear seats takes about 15mins once you know how to do it. Only one bolt has to come out which holds the middle seat belt.

Last time I put them back in the next morning in about 20mins.
I take it you have adjustable damping

I only ever drag race/roll race. So I have no issue with turning. I imagine if I ever go for a AutoX I'll just go full weight as I have just stock suspension.
What beer do you drink down there?
Edit: Or is it rum? Because that post earned you an adult beverage on me brother 🍺

Last edited:

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I'm going to ADD weight with brandX dynamats in strategic locations and rubber foam the whole interior: head liner, doors, floor, firewall, cargo, walls, etc. lol
Future plans way off are remove the rear seats and build a lightweight (luan) platform box for amp, sub, etc. I saw it somewhere online. I didn't buy the car to carry humans, just this ET.
And I have lost 50lbs in 5 months doing OMAD, but now the last 30-50 are going to be difficult...

Last edited:
I'm going to ADD weight with brandX dynamats in strategic locations and rubber foam the whole interior: head liner, doors, floor, firewall, cargo, walls, etc. lol
Future plans way off are remove the rear seats and build a lightweight (luan) platform box for amp, sub, etc. I saw it somewhere online. I didn't buy the car to carry humans, just this ET.
And I have lost 50lbs in 5 months doing OMAD, but now the last 30-50 are going to be difficult...
Lose 15 for me please [strongman]

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Lose 15 for me please [strongman]
EASY....literally, I can GUARANTEE you to lose 20 pound in 8-10 weeks. HOWEVER....you won't do it and 99 or 100 won't do it bc they are....lol....whiney little bitches....I meant that in the nicest way. You know how men are...so macho until....

If you eat a good single meal with a variety of micronutrients each day, you WILL lose the weight. My 324lb friend is now 275 doing TWO meals a day. The hunger pangs go away after 2 weeks. PM if you are serious about it. Nothing to buy or sell.

Done any research into any particular "goo"? Slime brand has a chemical found in antifreeze. As we all should be aware of, antifreeze will eat away at paint if not cleaned up. I'm just thinking about the inner portion of painted wheels. Not sure if Stan's would work in a car tire, but I run it in my tubeless mtb tires and my rims show no paint degradation.
Not too worried about what's in the goo, odds are I'll never use it. Even if I do, the powdercoat on the outside of the barrel usually isnt pretty anyway

Plug kit could be an option, cheap too. I've plugged a couple of tires but it wasnt fun lol