Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Weird transmission sounds, finally caught on film

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #61
I guess if they’re not going to do anything I’ll just swap the fluid then. I made sure everything is documented chronologically to ISO 9001 standards so when it fails completely I’m covered. Requested an oasis printout as well.

Anyone know if the techs really get stiffed on a “no trouble found” ticket? They told me to keep driving it because it has to be really truly broken before they can fix it. I’ll probably drop off a gift when I go back to pick up parts next week if techs really get boned for an NTF. If anyone knows how that works, please let me know so I can make things right.

Last edited:
I guess if they’re not going to do anything I’ll just swap the fluid then. I made sure everything is documented chronologically to ISO 9001 standards so when it fails completely I’m covered. Requested an oasis printout as well.

Asking for everything in writing then requesting an oasis printout threw them off, as did offering to pay an hour of labor so the tech wasn’t stiffed an hour of labor. He did put in diagnostic time so I believe he should get paid, even though the result isn’t what I wanted.

Anyone know if the techs really get stiffed on a “no trouble found” ticket? They told me to keep driving it because it has to be really truly broken before they can fix it. I’ll probably drop off a gift when I go back to pick up parts next week if techs really get boned for an NTF. If anyone knows how that works, please let me know so I can make things right.
He got paid, trust me. Most likely got an hour of his flat rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered 2 bottles of ravenol mtf2 and a super long funnel
Don’t be surprised to find SOME shavings in the old oil. Mine had a little bit when I swapped out 10k ago and it’s running fine with no abnormal sounds or shifting

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #65
He got paid, trust me. Most likely got an hour of his flat rate.

Ok cool. It’s not the techs fault if I don’t meet the criteria for work yet, I want to make sure people get compensated for their time. I know what it’s like to be stuck behind a policy.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #66
Don’t be surprised to find SOME shavings in the old oil. Mine had a little bit when I swapped out 10k ago and it’s running fine with no abnormal sounds or shifting

Well they changed my trans oil twice in the last 6k miles. If there are already shavings that’s not a good sign.

Ok cool. It’s not the techs fault if I don’t meet the criteria for work yet, I want to make sure people get compensated for their time. I know what it’s like to be stuck behind a policy.
If it’s warranty work the dealership gets paid from ford so just cause you didn’t have a bill doesn’t mean you didn’t get paid. Only time a tech loses money is when a repair takes longer than the hours allotted for the repair.

Well they changed my trans oil twice in the last 6k miles. If there are already shavings that’s not a good sign.
Then they are dumb to diagnose a shifting as a possible brake issue. Ravenol also meets fords specs for mtf so they can’t say your drain and fill caused the failure although they’ll try.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #70
Then they are dumb to diagnose a shifting as a possible brake issue. Ravenol also meets fords specs for mtf so they can’t say your drain and fill caused the failure although they’ll try.

It’s fine I’ll throw on new pads and rotors, already have a fresh set of both (well 2-3 sets of pads and one pair of rotors) sitting on the fiesta maintenance items shelf :p

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #72
If I drain fluid on ramps do I have to worry about it all draining properly because of the angle?

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
If I drain fluid on ramps do I have to worry about it all draining properly because of the angle?
I forget which way the drain plug angles on the bottom. You could even drain it without ramps if you can get a drain pan to fit. It's quite an easy diy, iirc.
I'm going to order some ravenol tonight, probably swap it this weekend.

2017 w/Recaros - bone stock

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ordered 2 bottles of ravenol mtf2 and a super long funnel
You do know that their bottles come with a nice little funnel/ tube built into the bottle to insert into the Fill hole correct? It's fantastic! Funnel shmunnel.....none need apply IMO.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #77
I forget which way the drain plug angles on the bottom. You could even drain it without ramps if you can get a drain pan to fit. It's quite an easy diy, iirc.
I'm going to order some ravenol tonight, probably swap it this weekend.

2017 w/Recaros - bone stock
My drain pan is like 1/2” too tall :|

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #78
You do know that their bottles come with a nice little funnel/ tube built into the bottle to insert into the Fill hole correct? It's fantastic! Funnel shmunnel.....none need apply IMO.

Then I have a dainty new beer bong woo

Lol nah with as much as my hand shake I’ll need all the help I can get. So the entirety of the two bottles and good to go - sounds easy enough.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Then I have a dainty new beer bong woo

Lol nah with as much as my hand shake I’ll need all the help I can get. So the entirety of the two bottles and good to go - sounds easy enough.
Oh it is so easy....you don't even know Meng!

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
If the break happened inline with a machined groove on the O.D. would cause a clean break as shown in the picture.
Indeed it did.

The transmission is being sent to LKQ as a core for the new one that is coming. It’s a shame it happened at 61k. No more warranty.