Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wet boot

Every time it rains, stuff that is in the back in the area under the rear floor where the spare tire is stored gets wet. It's not like water is pooling back there, but things get moist somehow. I haven't been able to ascertain where the water comes from, just that it will be there when I drive in the rain. Does anybody else have this happen and if so, have you been able to figure out where the water comes from? Thanks in advance for any advice.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Pull off the rear taillights. There are several holes in the metal that were taped by the factory that may have peeled. Replace the tape and put some silicone sealant around the plastic inserts that the taillights bolt onto. I’ve heard that the bumper cover also has taped holes under it. Lastly, if you have a sunroof the drain for it may be messed up.

There are several posts here that cover this and they may have more info.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Pull off the rear taillights. There are several holes in the metal that were taped by the factory that may have peeled. Replace the tape and put some silicone sealant around the plastic inserts that the taillights bolt onto. I’ve heard that the bumper cover also has taped holes under it. Lastly, if you have a sunroof the drain for it may be messed up.

There are several posts here that cover this and they may have more info.
Yeah, check behind taillights, rear bumper cover and sunroof if you have one, basically everything kivnul just said.
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/water-intrusion-issue-resolved.23553/
Here's one helpful threads. There's a video somewhere in there that shows what to do.