Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What do you hate about your Ford/FiST today?

flbchbm

1000 Post Club

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Love the car, hate the squeaks and rattles. And why does the damn defroster have to blast me with cold air for 30 seconds every time I turn it on before it finally gets to the correct setting. Even if the car is fully warmed up!
I agree what the hell is with the climate control on this car.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Love the car, hate the squeaks and rattles. And why does the damn defroster have to blast me with cold air for 30 seconds every time I turn it on before it finally gets to the correct setting. Even if the car is fully warmed up!
My GF has an Avenger and regardless of the setting, the blower runs, but no air comes out for what feels like an eternity until it comes out to where you had it set. I hate to think that Ford is like Mopar. (I was a 60s/70s Mopar fan)

I have read about that before. Some have posted resolution to this problem. Were you able to find the threads on it?
I've read of many others having the same issue but I haven't read of a solution. The stumbling idle clears itself after 5-10 minutes of driving and its been like that since I've owned it.

What works for me, even if it looks funny, is to stop at the 1st click and never top off. Then pull the nozzle out just enough for the little door to close in the filler neck and then push it back in and out about 5 or 6 times. I read that somewhere on here and I have not had the issue since I started doing it. I assume I must look like a weirdo if anyone was to notice me doing that at the gas station but what the hell, there are a lot of other weirdos at gas stations..

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
What works for me, even if it looks funny, is to stop at the 1st click and never top off. Then pull the nozzle out just enough for the little door to close in the filler neck and then push it back in and out about 5 or 6 times. I read that somewhere on here and I have not had the issue since I started doing it. I assume I must look like a weirdo if anyone was to notice me doing that at the gas station but what the hell, there are a lot of other weirdos at gas stations..
NEVER had it happen on my '19. It pumps until it clicks off. I slowly remove the nozzle since it dribbles more than I do. I never top this car off.

ROCKYFiestta

i hate that i can't enjoy a spirited drive this weekend because "THE HEAT IS ON" from every PD department. well see how the week goes when their gouging campaign is over.

I HATE that I had to bring my little 2015 beast to the local dealer a few weeks ago pertaining to the recall notice I received to replace four potentially malfunctioning door latches; the dealer lied and indicated said latches were available when initially contacted. I brought the FiST in (and left it) for what I thought was a half day job. Later, I received a call stipulating said latches needed to be ordered so I had to wait four days to get my FiST back. Luckily, I have another vehicle.

OP
IronMaiden
Thread Starter #52
Wrench light update:

I got my car back from the dealer after 3 days of not looking at it (last week). I was reading up on some things. Noticed there was a recall on the '14s some time ago. Can't remember if it was for more years than mine, and I can't remember if I ever had the recall looked at/done on my car. I read that it had something to do with the coolant system. The article author, who had a '14, gave the reader some things to keep tabs on until you can take it in to get the work done. One of them was the coolant level. I did notice that mine was about an inch low in the reservoir. The car was running right in the middle of the temp level like it always has, even on the hottest days. I went to an auto parts place, picked up some recommended orange coolant. Went home and filled as prescribed. This morning, started the car up, light still on. Well. it was worth a try....by the time I pulled out of my garage (10 seconds later) the wrench goes out.

So to add to "What do I hate about my FiST today?": I hate that the computer can't just send the info to my SatNav display to say, "Hey, dumbass! Top off your coolant level, it's low."

P.S. Update: Yes, the recall was done in July of '18. So the car was just low on coolant.

Last edited:
OP
IronMaiden
Thread Starter #53
I hate that I washed/waxed it to go for a nice drive up in the mountains to Crestline with the wife to check out some properties for sale. Only to have some heavy clouds roll in and start raining...only in that area, nice and sunny half way down the hill, but not in Crestline. Car is a mess again.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
You're not the only weirdo doing that. I've also heard to wait 30 seconds after the pump clicks to remove it. I haven't found that either one solves the issue though.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Nothing, nothing at all. A couple more payments and she is all mine. Almost 6 years, 60K of mostly highway miles loving Fifi! We put the MP-215 in ASAP after buying and in my opinion it was the perfect mod for us. I wanted Fifi to be able to be serviced at any Ford dealer including the MP-215 stuff as she spends more miles away from home than at home. Still gets 36 mpg plus avg on the road and 32 in town. Yes, she is babied when were are not doing 9/10's driving. And she is showroom new in appearance, never even a door ding and one very tiny paint chip on the front. So still new looking, we have always loved the styling and still do, the stock seats we choose are easy to clean up grandkids eating and drinking messes and still like new with over 45K miles of long road trips and very comfortable for both of us.
Total cost of driving excluding 3500 mile oil changes but including payments, new tires, rotors and pads will be 41 cents a mile. Meets or exceeds all of my expectations, thanks Fomoco! Planning our annual 4-5K mile road trip this year. U.P. Michigan/Great Lakes here we come! We also have a '19 Mustang GTCS Coyote and absolutly love it, but most of the time Fifi is the DD/trip car for us due to parking issues of GTCS's 4 foot doors and fear of door ding issues. No issues with tiny Fifi. Just nothing there to "hate" on for us. FiST on!

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I hate that Ford decided to stop selling FiSTs in north America. I would love to test drive a mk8 FiST (and the focus ST wagon!)
I agree, I would love to buy a new one but anyone with car smarts could see with all the rebates and discounting the FiST was a sales disaster in the USA. It was dead the minute the new engine was ready for world consumption. No sense in certifying it in the USA to sell at a very, very low or no profit. Our only hope is long term gas prices staying high and Ford getting a new auto trans for the normal Fiesta market.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I agree, I would love to buy a new one but anyone with car smarts could see with all the rebates and discounting the FiST was a sales disaster in the USA. It was dead the minute the new engine was ready for world consumption. No sense in certifying it in the USA to sell at a very, very low or no profit. Our only hope is long term gas prices staying high and Ford getting a new auto trans for the normal Fiesta market.
Well...you can wish for that in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first*

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Nothing, nothing at all. A couple more payments and she is all mine. Almost 6 years, 60K of mostly highway miles loving Fifi! We put the MP-215 in ASAP after buying and in my opinion it was the perfect mod for us. I wanted Fifi to be able to be serviced at any Ford dealer including the MP-215 stuff as she spends more miles away from home than at home. Still gets 36 mpg plus avg on the road and 32 in town. Yes, she is babied when were are not doing 9/10's driving. And she is showroom new in appearance, never even a door ding and one very tiny paint chip on the front. So still new looking, we have always loved the styling and still do, the stock seats we choose are easy to clean up grandkids eating and drinking messes and still like new with over 45K miles of long road trips and very comfortable for both of us.
Total cost of driving excluding 3500 mile oil changes but including payments, new tires, rotors and pads will be 41 cents a mile. Meets or exceeds all of my expectations, thanks Fomoco! Planning our annual 4-5K mile road trip this year. U.P. Michigan/Great Lakes here we come! We also have a '19 Mustang GTCS Coyote and absolutly love it, but most of the time Fifi is the DD/trip car for us due to parking issues of GTCS's 4 foot doors and fear of door ding issues. No issues with tiny Fifi. Just nothing there to "hate" on for us. FiST on!
Man how do you not have rock chips? 70k miles on mine from an all highway commute and my hood is basically trashed. Front bumper isn’t much better