Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What drives you to throw a ton of time/money into extreme-modding a new Fiesta ST instead of just buying a faster car?

Spork1569

I own both and, unfortunately, it takes more than a couple mods for a FiST to beat a FoST (with some caveats).

It's ironic scooter mentioned that. I'm gonna post my build thread in a few weeks and it will basically be the same premise; making my FiST > my FoST. You can't really base the two vehicles speeds on what you read in magazines. I think MT said a FoST runs a 14.5 and a FiST 15.1 in the quarter. This would seem to indicate the FiST only needs a few mods to beat a FoST. This might be true from a dig because it is pretty hard to get a good launch in my FoST; it spins A LOT. From a roll though, 20-90,..... our FoST (with my wife driving) STOMPED our FiST by multiple car lengths and it was still pulling. I'm stage 1 now and the FoST still pulls away fairly easily. I'm waiting until we move to Ohio and then I'm gonna get a custom 93 tune and we'll see what happens.

So to answer the initial question; I too am trying to make my FiST > FoST :p
Throw some E30 in that Fist and that's about as fast as you can get in a stock turbo FiST. Totally worth the mpg drop in terms of power and torque gained.

Last edited:
I own both and, unfortunately, it takes more than a couple mods for a FiST to beat a FoST (with some caveats).

It's ironic scooter mentioned that. I'm gonna post my build thread in a few weeks and it will basically be the same premise; making my FiST > my FoST. You can't really base the two vehicles speeds on what you read in magazines. I think MT said a FoST runs a 14.5 and a FiST 15.1 in the quarter. This would seem to indicate the FiST only needs a few mods to beat a FoST. This might be true from a dig because it is pretty hard to get a good launch in my FoST; it spins A LOT. From a roll though, 20-90,..... our FoST (with my wife driving) STOMPED our FiST by multiple car lengths and it was still pulling. I'm stage 1 now and the FoST still pulls away fairly easily. I'm waiting until we move to Ohio and then I'm gonna get a custom 93 tune and we'll see what happens.

So to answer the initial question; I too am trying to make my FiST > FoST :p
You’re post is kinda why my plate says LACS HP. Those who don’t know what it is (Z owners mostly) underestimate this car and are shocked when it pulls out like it does. This cars not a straight line car without serious modding. That and you have to be able to laugh at somethings, my plate has turned more peoples attitudes on this car just by striking up a conversation. A lot of people I work with drive diesel trucks and actually like the FiST a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m all for modding when it is for fun and you have the time resources for it.

But I am against modding when it comes to High Performance Driving. (With the exception to tires and adding adjustability and/or safety to the car)modding your car to improve your Lap Time is a waste of money. Driver mods are where true speed comes from (fast lap times). I would go into more detail but most of you understand without me having to explain.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

But I am against modding when it comes to High Performance Driving. (With the exception to tires and adding adjustability and/or safety to the car)modding your car to improve your Lap Time is a waste of money. Driver mods are where true speed comes from (fast lap times). I would go into more detail but most of you understand without me having to explain.

AGREED! [thumb]

That being said, I most likely will not open track this car until I get an aftermarket suspension under it, and maybe not even then, since the suspension components I choose might not be conducive to going fast on smooth pavement.

AGREED! [thumb]

That being said, I most likely will not open track this car until I get an aftermarket suspension under it, and maybe not even then, since the suspension components I choose might not be conducive to going fast on smooth pavement.
Great to hear, I take mine out when I instruct so I have something to drive on the track on my off time during the day when I am not with any students and the car does great even in its stock form. Right now I believe I have track record for a FiST at Thunderhill East and all I have is RE-71r’s (and now a Cobb AP to monitor my temperatures so I can take a cool down lap before they get to high). Shooting for the Laguna time this weekend.

So that should tell you enough about how great the FiST is right from the factory. But brake goodies, radiator, oil cooler and intercooler would be a good start(which I need to do but just haven’t yet)

View: https://youtu.be/EzZVeczR4JU

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club

2017 w/Recaros - bone stock

Once you put a big turbo with enough bolt ons to support it the car turns into a beast. Big turbo is a must! Nothing like showing off to much more expensive cars that can hardly keep up with you. It’s a great feeling

I also concur with this. I really wish there was more of a track culture around here (south east USA) then the straight line junkies. There are only about three tracks near me that are really worth driving to in the fist, first being Kershaw motor speedway. Growing up in Camden SC I got to see all the really cool porches and BMWs and minis run through town to race. Only road I'd really like to have fun on is deals gap.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
In the NE there were plenty of local twisty roads. Here in the SW the only turns I hit on a daily basis are underpass U turns on the frontage road. It's mostly straight lines otherwise. What's cool about the fiesta is that making it faster doesn't make it handle any worse.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk