Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What gear oil and engine oil do you run?

Im doing a full fluid change on my fiesta looking for good fluid above 350hp I know the previous guy put heavy duty trans fluid and 5w-30 what do y'all run

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I’m still on stock gear oil. I run Kirkland 5w-30 for no reason but that it was good quality for cheap.

I ran 5w-20 hard in hot Texas summers for years so I’m sure it’s just fine.

Last edited:
forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe some aftermarket turbos ask for 5w-30? stock turbo, 5w-20 is fine.

Just about any transmission oil is better than stock (as far as feel goes) Motul dctf is popular. I run BG personally.

Sam4

Its a Pepsi or Coke thing. I'm a fiesta tranny hater, so I'm trying hard to fix it with various viscous fluids brands!

On stock turbo, pretty hot here for now (east coast), lower mileage (just crossed 20K), should I be going 5W-30 or 5W-20? Getting ready to do my oil change this weekend and I have Castrol GTX 5W-30 ready to go. Seemed like that was the move when I last sat down and did some research around my driving, vehicle condition, location etc.

I use Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W-30 in the engine, and I changed the stock transmission fluid to Ravenol 75W-80 MTF2 Transmission Fluid (2L).

Ravenol DXG 5W-30 in the sump.

Ravenol MTF 2 75W-80 in the IB6.

Same here. Like that low NOACK claim on the DXG for the GDI engine.

Over the years I've gone from oil obsessive to oil agnostic to just making a deliberate choice on oil with the GDI engines. Surely everything that meets spec is fine.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Same here. Like that low NOACK claim on the DXG for the GDI engine.

Over the years I've gone from oil obsessive to oil agnostic to just making a deliberate choice on oil with the GDI engines. Surely everything that meets spec is fine.
Yes, this stuff 'checks ALL of the boxes' with that very low NOACK, GREAT additive package (trimer moly with tungsten), a decent TBN for a low SAPS/anti-LSPI oil, and a not overly thick, 3.2 HTHS viscosity (one of the thinner 5W-30s). [twothumb]