Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What is happening with the Euro-style projector headlights?

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I have a set of these I'm planning on selling. How do I tell if they are TYC, Depot, etc? Is there a set that are more desirable than others?
From what I can tell the Hellas are the higher quality followed by Depo and TYC. From reading the various threads the Depo were slightly more desirable but I dont think there was a large difference between the two. I have a set of depo but have never seen TYC in person. The Hella are OEM quality as they manufacture the Ford labeled lamps. Between the depo and tyc, if you have a set without issues such as damaged adjusters, I dont think there is a big difference. If you do install, I would have them wrapped with PPF or do an at home ceramic coating to prolong their life.

Back when the black housing versions were available (cant remember depo or tyc) there were some issues with the DLR burning out and/or flickering

OP
E
Thread Starter #23
I have a set of these I'm planning on selling. How do I tell if they are TYC, Depot, etc? Is there a set that are more desirable than others?
The brand name & part number are molded into the plastic, but if they're installed on your car right now, it may be inaccessible. I can't remember where on the assembly it is.
The preference on this forum typically goes Hella first, then Depo, then TYC, although you'll find some disagreement on the last two. Hella is the OEM, so it's typically considered the gold standard, and Depo tends to package their assemblies better than TYC so they don't get damaged in shipment.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
The brand name & part number are molded into the plastic, but if they're installed on your car right now, it may be inaccessible. I can't remember where on the assembly it is.
The preference on this forum typically goes Hella first, then Depo, then TYC, although you'll find some disagreement on the last two. Hella is the OEM, so it's typically considered the gold standard, and Depo tends to package their assemblies better than TYC so they don't get damaged in shipment.
I'm going to pull them out/swap them so I'll look then.