Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What your FiST could look like with 15x9 wheels:)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club

But it takes a LOT of WORK, to me worth it.

I have the same wheels with race tires as well:)

NOTE:
Tires are 23" diameter so the car sits lower than it might seem, any lower and the geometry thus handling would be worse the more lower it goes so I have it set where it is the best as that is more important to me than looks but I still think it looks damn good and it get lots of love wherever it goes.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
With the current 300 or so WHP and 60+ degree weather it does not spin in second gear, pretty mean at 2572lbs or so:)

I have also fit 225 RA1 Toyo race tires on my other wheels and earlier some 225 Hoosier slick that measured out just under 240mm. I am considering using Maxxis 245 front and 225 rear race tires:.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Can you give details about "takes a lot of work" to get them to fit? Are these wheels stock offset? No way, right?

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
It does look very good in person and it gest a lot of great comments at local events though style always takes a second or third place spot over true performance on my mods:)

225/45/15 BFG Rival S, stick just about as good as the RA1 Toyo Race tires I run in the same size on 6 more of these wheels.
Wheels are Konig Helix, 15x9, +35mm, roll formed so very strong and just 13.4 lbs, I got 10 of them shipped to me for $1240!
4x100 conversion is relatively easy.
You can do a conversion and buy 2 sets of wheels for the price of a set of forged wheels that takes months to get and the Helix is a race grade wheel, no need for forged:)

Front fitment not to hard, just roll the fenders a bit and add proper camber, I run -2.5 full time. I use a 2mm spacer for the race tires and 5mm for the Rival as they have a rim protector bead on the inside as well as outside.

Rear fitment was the hard part, had to cut the axle flanges and change the camber and toe and roll and pull the fenders as far as possible but I was already going to change the camber and toe to more appropriate settings for the speeds this car sees on track, I did not want the rear coming around on high speed corners.

IF, and I know it has been worked on, good quality rear camber adjusters become available it would be a bolt on affair though a bit tighter fitment.

The tires would be fine on 15x8 wheels so you could run the TD ones but I wanted the absolute best for them which is a 9" wide wheel as a little stretch induces more feedback and response, proven in testing though only in all out track or perhaps autocross situations will their be much gain.

I also wanted to run my own DIY BBK, 11.75" front and 11" rear GT rotors so I had to go with these wheels to do it.

I only have a few pics on Facebook, in the RV park I have a very slow connection and paying $120 a month for 18GB on my phone which does not go far so I cannot post many pics:(

This is a test fit pic on the front only, 2mm spacer on, had to change to the 5mm to clear the coilovers so a bit different but does not stick out to badly.

I do want to make some sort of not to racer looking parts to divert air around the front of the tires. Rears are my 17" 205 all seasons in this pic.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
Thanks.

I did it for performance far more than looks but why not have both when you can:)

The tires work very well on 8" wide wheels but I wanted to have a bit more sidewall support as it is known to be a bit faster on a road race track but also it was a challenge to fit 9's and I wanted a task that would be fun but it took a great deal more effort than expected but in the end glad I did it.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
The spokes going all the way out to the rim edge makes them look bigger, get the style and even less weight and more sidewall for bad streets but get them wide enough to support the sidewalls and keep the tread as effectively planted, get the performance and they ride great, low cost....win, win, win:)

That looks incredible. Perfect wheel choice!

So how is the ride quality on the 15/45s compared to the 17/40s?

And if you don't mind me asking, how much smaller in diameter is the 225/15/45 than the 17/40 stock size? I'm assuming on stock suspension the wheel gap would be ludicrous, but maybe not?

So HOT!

It does look very good in person and it gest a lot of great comments at local events though style always takes a second or third place spot over true performance on my mods:)

225/45/15 BFG Rival S, stick just about as good as the RA1 Toyo Race tires I run in the same size on 6 more of these wheels.
Wheels are Konig Helix, 15x9, +35mm, roll formed so very strong and just 13.4 lbs, I got 10 of them shipped to me for $1240!
4x100 conversion is relatively easy.
You can do a conversion and buy 2 sets of wheels for the price of a set of forged wheels that takes months to get and the Helix is a race grade wheel, no need for forged:)

Front fitment not to hard, just roll the fenders a bit and add proper camber, I run -2.5 full time. I use a 2mm spacer for the race tires and 5mm for the Rival as they have a rim protector bead on the inside as well as outside.

Rear fitment was the hard part, had to cut the axle flanges and change the camber and toe and roll and pull the fenders as far as possible but I was already going to change the camber and toe to more appropriate settings for the speeds this car sees on track, I did not want the rear coming around on high speed corners.

IF, and I know it has been worked on, good quality rear camber adjusters become available it would be a bolt on affair though a bit tighter fitment.

The tires would be fine on 15x8 wheels so you could run the TD ones but I wanted the absolute best for them which is a 9" wide wheel as a little stretch induces more feedback and response, proven in testing though only in all out track or perhaps autocross situations will their be much gain.

I also wanted to run my own DIY BBK, 11.75" front and 11" rear GT rotors so I had to go with these wheels to do it.

I only have a few pics on Facebook, in the RV park I have a very slow connection and paying $120 a month for 18GB on my phone which does not go far so I cannot post many pics:(

This is a test fit pic on the front only, 2mm spacer on, had to change to the 5mm to clear the coilovers so a bit different but does not stick out to badly.

I do want to make some sort of not to racer looking parts to divert air around the front of the tires. Rears are my 17" 205 all seasons in this pic.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
Just in case you missed it the rear conversion to fit 9's requires a camber change and I have not yet seen proper parts offered to do the change, I cut and welded the axle flanges which is a very very serious mod.

Good news is most 225/45 or 50/15s work great on 8" wide wheels:)

The rival S I run are 23" tall, stock tires are 23.4" when full tread so not a big difference though will show a bit more gap.
-------------

The 245/45/15 tires ride incredibly better than the 205/40 stock tires and the 205/45 Mich AS tires I have.
The much lower weight and sidewall compliance add up to far more difference that it might seem, love the 15's, not the 17's in the least.

-------------

There are TD 15x8 wheels in 4x108 are a great option but if you go to 4x100 there are more to pick from and bolt right on once the conversion is done.

------------