Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's your thoughts? What will be the state of cars in 10 years?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Someone should tell AOC to bring her green new deal to China....see if they will incorporate it or just put her in a Siberian work camp for suggesting it.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Someone should tell AOC to bring her green new deal to China....see if they will incorporate it or just put her in a Siberian work camp for suggesting it.

That's such a nonsensical statement.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That's such a nonsensical statement.
Have you ever saw the Movie Idiocracy? Its dumb as hell but makes some very valid points about politics and people as a species. Check it out and you will understand the Brawndo statement.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Almost ALL of the characters in that movie would have been a certain type of voter who wears a red cap with MAGAt on the front, and attends their worshiped fuhrer's 'BUND' meetings cheering wildly for it, as much as you may want to think otherwise. [wink]

Besides, maybe you meant a Mongolian/Gobi Desert 'work camp', unless you knew that Siberia is NOT in China, and that was part of the whole "Idiocracy" meme thing??

Hey everybody! Let's hail an Uber (that's recently been occupied by about 75 other people without any sanitizing) and head downtown to the pub. I'm buying!
My Crystal ball says that personal transportation, no matter what powers it, or how small it becomes, is going to remain very desirable. More so in the cold and flu season.
The manual transmission is fading fast. Hybrid m/t Honda Civic was axed in mid 2004 model year. A rare move for Honda.I have considered finding one just for the novelty of it. They were among the lowest production volume of any Civic ever offered in America. Maybe only the CNG version was fewer. But that was only available in California and to limited numbers of fleet operaters.
I have driven an M/T version of the more recent CRZ hybrid. It's not closely related to the Civic. While it looks a bit more sporty, the driving dynamics are not anything that those of us in the FiST community would consider acceptable.

Last edited:

PunkST

2000 Post Club
10 years..... Ford will be owned by kia because they keep making stupid mistakes.
VW and Subaru will be the only cars with manual transmission.
A base model subcompact like ours will be starting at 35k. Smaller cars do exist stateside. But katen with her SUV is 100% garuenteed to kill you in a minor impact.

The 9th gen gti will make the 8th gen look good.

Fiesta ST type is a niche vehicle today. In 10 years it will seem to have come from Mars.
Manual transmission is fading fast. The resale value of a m/t vehicle is directly related to the number of potential buyers even able to drive it.
As prices have gone up, the percentage of people who lease as opposed to purchase a new vehicle has gone up.
Manufacturer's have leasing arms that have made a science of calculating the residual value of a vehicle. The five percent of buyers who demand an m/t vehicle is far outnumbered by the percentage of people who simply will not or cannot drive a stick.
I prefer an automatic transmission in my pickup truck because I use it for towing. A purpose that excludes a need for a sporty feel or any presumption of fuel economy.

Last edited:
OP, your prediction is more in line with the year 2050, 30 years from now. Within 10 years I could see hybrid cars being 80% of offerings, electric vehicles becoming extremely dominant (as long as the charging infrastructure is supported) and self driving being a norm (as long as the government is on board). Self driving will start in the logistics industry and that will push the envelope for consumer transport as laws get changed to support it. I could also see ICE vehicles starting to be banned in large cities as many other cities worldwide have started to restrict this over the past few years.

I wrote my thesis on a similar topic while living in London when they started to restrict ICE vehicles in the inner city/charge them money for driving ICE vehicles. Fun times [emoji3526]