Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wheel repair prices in Atlanta

karp

I bought a set of stock wheels from a forum member to use for winter wheels. One has a small curb injury and one has some large chips around the lug holes. Two have only small rock chips; I can live with polishing those up and buying a touchup kit on ebay.

In the Atlanta area I'm getting quotes of 150 per wheel for repair.

I'd attempt fixing them myself but sprayable Rado Grey paint doesn't seem to exist.

I searched the forum and didn't find much on this topic. Anyway, if you have any local or regional wheel repair recommendations or a source for significant quantities of wheel paint, I'd appreciate it.

CSM

1000 Post Club
I lived in Atlanta for some time. Was in the same boat....it's just a big market for wheel repair hence high prices. Try posting in the ATL ST/RS club to see if anyone has a hookup

Btw there's a Volvo paint code that almost identical matches Rado grey...having trouble finding it at the moment

OP
K

karp

Thread Starter #3
Thanks, man! I will need to create a stealth Facebook account purely for the purposes of my Fiesta ST needs.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Alloy Wheel Repair is the only place I’ve dealt with. They absolutely cannot paint match for shit. Don’t let them tell you otherwise. They can repair it though.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Go to Caffeine Octane this Sunday AM. You’ll find someone advertising there for sure.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I’d suggest buying a good condition set of used wheels instead, they pop up all the time here usually for $300 for all 4 and often they’re in mint condition. Then you have extras in hand should you need them. Way cheaper than wheel repair.

OP
K

karp

Thread Starter #8
Alloy Wheel Repair is the only place I’ve dealt with. They absolutely cannot paint match for shit. Don’t let them tell you otherwise. They can repair it though.
LOL. Good to know. I got a quote from them, because they have a shop about two minutes from my office. They wanted 125 per wheel for what sounded like a full refinish. I guess I will do the best touch up job I can with an eBay kit or the Volvo paint code. These are going to be for all-season tires that I’ll run from November to March. Last winter on the Bridgestones, I could definitely feel how bad summer tires were on cold rainy days. I lived, but I’d rather have something I can still flog a little bit in the cold weather.

OP
K

karp

Thread Starter #9
I’d suggest buying a good condition set of used wheels instead, they pop up all the time here usually for $300 for all 4 and often they’re in mint condition. Then you have extras in hand should you need them. Way cheaper than wheel repair.
Thanks, Jeff. One of these days, I want to make the pilgrimage over to see your ride. I’m in Dunwoody and drive through Augusta to see my folks in Wilmington, NC fairly often.