Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Where to/How to get an APIM

Hey all I need to get an APIM for my '16 FiST. I have tried the local salvage yards and haven't found one, but maybe I'm asking the wrong questions. I know that they're fairly universal between Ford vehicles. I'm really just looking for one that has Nav to upgrade my car, because my APIM has a constant current draw issue that prevents it from ever turning off. Dealership wants $900 and has had it on backorder for 2 weeks and no sign that it is any closer to being manufactured yet than when this started. I can get the program file from a guy, and program the APIM via OBD II and my laptop but I cannot find an APIM. Anyone have experience with this? Also every site I've tried online either doesn't have them or list them but won't sell them online (which is a WTF kind of moment for an online retailer). Just looking to get away from the stealership and their damn nonsense at this point. A known good site to buy one from or just the right questions to ask the salvage yards would help me out tremendously. I appreciate your help here amigos and amigas.

OP
Alleycat
Thread Starter #3

the duke

If you get the AIPM you really need the screen as well. I think if you're flashing new firmware you might get away without it, but the board is linked to the screen. I got a 2016 AIPM and screen off ebay for like 300. It was for an ST so it was plug and play for me as I wanted SYNC 3 and Apple Carplay.

If you get the AIPM you really need the screen as well. I think if you're flashing new firmware you might get away without it, but the board is linked to the screen. I got a 2016 AIPM and screen off ebay for like 300. It was for an ST so it was plug and play for me as I wanted SYNC 3 and Apple Carplay.
I have a 2015 fiesta st what do I exactly need to buy to get CarPlay in my car. An APIM module and the screen. As well as the port in the center console ?

Negative sir! The screen is just a screen, but does vary between sync 2 and 3 models (which are different).