Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh RMM Review

Just some thoughts on my experience with this thing. Car is an otherwise bone stock 2017 that I picked up last week with 16k miles.

I have had many different aftermarket mounts in many different cars over the years so I kind of know what I like and what I dont. I knew from my first test drive of a FiST a couple months ago that this car needed a beefier RMM badly and that it would be the first thing I would do on the car.

I read up and researched all of the RMM options as best I could and was leaning heavily towards the CPE mount because of the different bushing material they use being more heat resistant than poly. After getting under the car and seeing where the mount is in relation to the DP and other heat sources I was not so concerned about the heat issue. The DP is a few inches above it and the mount is low in good airflow under the car, I cant see heat being a problem. The Cobb and Mountune seemed fine but nothing special and you are being taxed for the premium names. Boomba and some of the others that include a new bracket looked good, but I didn't think the bracket would be hard to re-use, and the bracket isnt really a part of the strength of the mount.

After looking at the Whoosh and its rock bottom price I couldnt see how any of the others could be worth the extra money. I also like the idea of the Whoosh using two different densitys for the two bushings. It was the only one I saw that made mention of that and told me they must have put some real thought and trial and error into this thing.

I ordered the mount earlier this week and it shipped the same day or the following day and arrived here in ND Saturday. Good confirmation emails for order received and another for order shipped with USPS tracking. Came packed very well with packing paper and the part wrapped in bubble wrap in a heavy duty box.

Quality looked very good. Just a really nicely CNC'd hunk of billet with clean poly inserts. Nice etched logo on it. I got the plain finish so cant speak to how the anodized stuff looks.

Install was probably the easiest I have ever done on any car. Getting the bracket off the OEM mount to reuse was nothing, couple taps with a hammer or pry bar or screwdriver and done. If you cant or wont DIY the FiST RMM you probably shouldnt do anything yourself on this car. The big end was a tight fit going back in the bracket but a couple taps from a deadblow and it was all lined up. A little dish soap probably would have helped.

Got the car back down and started it up and I could barely notice the NVH increase. It's there but it's really negligible. If this was the way the car was stock nobody would say a thing about it on the first test drive off the dealer lot. NVH is so subjective I know but I cant see anyone being bothered by this. Of all the aftermarket mounts I have had on different this cars this is definately one of the mildest in terms of added NVH.

After a few drives now the difference on 1-2 and 2-3 up shifts is night and day. The whole drivetrain feels so much more locked down. Seems smoother and more natural when rev matching downshifts as well. There was so much slop with the OEM mount the whole car feels easier to shift and drive smoothly now. Very happy with this purchase overall.

My car is otherwise stock so I cant say how it will hold up to higher TQ figures slamming it around but I bet it will be fine for anything with the stock turbo. Cant see how any of the other mounts could be more street and daily driver friendly than this either.

For $100 this is absolutely worth it. For those running the stock mount on new cars or whatever get a mount ASAP. It is by far the biggest glaring hole in the car IMO. You can spend more on others but I cant see why you would. I doubt you will be disappointed by this Whoosh street mount in any way.
Picks for Clicks
20190519_095950.jpg 20190518_123015.jpg 20190519_095959.jpg

Great review! Thank you for taking the time to write this up. One question though, did you buy the race spec or street spec RMM?

Spork1569

Great review, been wondering about Ron's RMM as I have had some of his stuff and it's always good quality.

Any issues with squeaking? I have a mountune and it squeaked to high hell until I slathered it in silicone grease the other day. Other than thst great mount but if I didn't buy it at a good price secondhand I'd definitely consider Ron's mount.

I also had an AWR(70a dorometer) and the vibrations bothered me enough to switch when given the chance, but they're definitely liveable. Plus the way it keeps the engine in place is unreal compared to the mountune but for a DD I much prefer not vibrating in my stop and go commute.

Just to clear things up: That mount IS anodized, only it's a clear anodisation.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
thank you everyone for the continued great reviews of the rear motor mounts
I'm really glad you are enjoying them!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Any advice for choosing between the race spec or street spec?
all based on interior vibrations
the Street-Spec is how the reviews are explained, minimal yet helps considerably with engine movement over the stock mount.
the Race-Spec is just a stiffer version of this that will produce more interior vibration and hold the engine in place a bit more as well. Both work great but the Race is for those that won't care about interior vibration discomfort

all based on interior vibrations
the Street-Spec is how the reviews are explained, minimal yet helps considerably with engine movement over the stock mount.
the Race-Spec is just a stiffer version of this that will produce more interior vibration and hold the engine in place a bit more as well. Both work great but the Race is for those that won't care about interior vibration discomfort
Thank you as always Ron!

OP
Phishy
Thread Starter #15
So almost 2k miles on this now and no squeeks or any other complaint really. The NVH increase is there but only an owner with direct before and after experiance would notice it.

Gave my 75 year old parents a ride Memorial day weekend and they didnt notice a thing. Dads got a pretty good butt dyno and feel for these types of things as well.

So almost 2k miles on this now and no squeeks or any other complaint really. The NVH increase is there but only an owner with direct before and after experiance would notice it.

Gave my 75 year old parents a ride Memorial day weekend and they didnt notice a thing. Dads got a pretty good butt dyno and feel for these types of things as well.
"Butt dyno" 😂😂😂😂

any updates all these years later on the whoosh rmm? Looking into swapping out my stock one in my dd.

haste

1000 Post Club
Over 90k miles on my CPE and still works and looks great. I honestly think it's helped my stock passenger and transmission mounts last longer too. Thing is stiff but vibration is very bearable.