Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh SP Aux fuel Install question

Hey all,
The single port controller for this kit provides 4 plugs for 4 additional injectors.
For those of you that have installed this kit, what did you do with the 3 additional plugs and wiring?
Thank you

you can tie the other three injector leads and plugs up somewhere out of the way behind the battery box is a good spot to hide them or you can nip them off about 8 inches away from the controller box (leave enuff if you ever upgrade to 4 port you can solder the wiring back togeather) then heat shrink the wiring to avoid them shorting out agiasnt anything or just tape up the plugs pretty good so they cant short agianst anything and hide them behind the battery box or under the air box if you have one. the controller will work the same either way being the r4 controller is batchfire. you technically have the wrong controller but it will work the same

Why would you go to all the trouble to install the 4port, when the single port would be simpler?
everything is identical besides he has 4 injector pigtails comming out of the r4 controller instead of 1. he can leave the 3 unused pigtails where ever they are irrelevant as long as there not going to short out agiasnt something. id assume ron sells the single port kit with the 4 pigtail r4 box because of this and he doesnt have to keep two different r4 controllers in stock for both kits he sells when there identical besides one has 1 pigtail and one has 4 pigtails. just a assumption. either that or he accidentally stuck the wrong r4 controller in the box by accident. either way doesnt matter both will work

OP
unspankable
Thread Starter #6
If you want use only one port use this. whoosh motorsports Single Port Auxiliary Fuel kit 2014-2019 Fiesta ST
Peron 4-Port Aux Fuel Kit 2014-2019 Ford Fiesta ST – whoosh motorsports this is for someone wanting 4 ports. You don't install this and only use one port.
Hey the whoosh kit is the one I bought. It still comes with the extra plugs. Just wondering where others have put them/whether they cut them

OP
unspankable
Thread Starter #7
everything is identical besides he has 4 injector pigtails comming out of the r4 controller instead of 1. he can leave the 3 unused pigtails where ever they are irrelevant as long as there not going to short out agiasnt something. id assume ron sells the single port kit with the 4 pigtail r4 box because of this and he doesnt have to keep two different r4 controllers in stock for both kits he sells when there identical besides one has 1 pigtail and one has 4 pigtails. just a assumption. either that or he accidentally stuck the wrong r4 controller in the box by accident. either way doesnt matter both will work
Thank you very much for the info

Thank you very much for the info
πŸ€™ no problem if you need any help with wiring shoot me a dm ive installed about 60 aux fuel kits on fiesta's and focus's i split the oem harness down by the airbox/intake and hard wire the ones i do usually because it looks a million times better and dont have to worry about connections comming loose on the coil pack or map sensor. plus just overall looks better. pic of my personal car with 4 port for reference πŸ˜… IMG_20210606_204459_951.jpg

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
πŸ€™ no problem if you need any help with wiring shoot me a dm ive installed about 60 aux fuel kits on fiesta's and focus's i split the oem harness down by the airbox/intake and hard wire the ones i do usually because it looks a million times better and dont have to worry about connections comming loose on the coil pack or map sensor. plus just overall looks better. pic of my personal car with 4 port for reference πŸ˜… View attachment 44206
Off topic but how do you like your CPE intake? Any problems with rubbing any where?

Off topic but how do you like your CPE intake? Any problems with rubbing any where?
only issue with fitment was more the turbo im running sits back much further torwards the firewall then stock or atp kits so i had to 45 off the turbo to a 90 to connect the intake is actually alot better fitment then my previous injen intake. i believe on a stock turbo or stock location (hybrid, s280, atp kits) fitment would be absolutely perfect. far as rubbing its pretty good as far as clearances go the injen i had before rubbed my aux fuel line and the wiring harness but no issues with the cpe. also fits no issues with my mountune radiator where i had to cut a bit off the injen intake heat shield to get it to fit with the mountune rad. anyway cpe intake id give a 10/10 as far as fitment and quality

OP
unspankable
Thread Starter #11
πŸ€™ no problem if you need any help with wiring shoot me a dm ive installed about 60 aux fuel kits on fiesta's and focus's i split the oem harness down by the airbox/intake and hard wire the ones i do usually because it looks a million times better and dont have to worry about connections comming loose on the coil pack or map sensor. plus just overall looks better. pic of my personal car with 4 port for reference πŸ˜… View attachment 44206
Looks slick.
I hardwired the map sensor connection and used the pnp kit for the coils so I didn't f up the harness too much. They are still covered by my plastic engine shroud so you can't see them anyway.
I can't tell from your photo but do you have a recommendation for a clean way to get 12 volt switched either from the fuse box or somewhere else. I have an add-a-fuse but don't want to drill the fuse box if I don't have to.

Looks slick.
I hardwired the map sensor connection and used the pnp kit for the coils so I didn't f up the harness too much. They are still covered by my plastic engine shroud so you can't see them anyway.
I can't tell from your photo but do you have a recommendation for a clean way to get 12 volt switched either from the fuse box or somewhere else. I have an add-a-fuse but don't want to drill the fuse box if I don't have to.
I cut a small spot on the back side of the box and cover to run the wire threw ill snag a picture in the AM and post it ends up being the best spot to put a hole because the chassis ground is right there and being on the backside you can hide the wires. I eventually planned on turning the r4 controller around the other way and run all the wiring behind the battery but my split second is getting ditched eventually for a microsquirt i have from a previous focus st build or if funds are available in the future just going to stick a motec in it and eliminate the need for a auxilary controller πŸ˜… just depends on money and time neither of witch I have much of 😫🀣