Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh v2 intercooler installed. Someone double check me on this

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I got everything torn down, had a family emergency and had to walk away for a few days... reassembled it all and I have remaining fasteners :facepalm: if I had planned on taking a "break" I would've labeled them all. Before I tear it all back apart I wanted to get some feedback.

I've got a pic, and I think I have one more extra fastener than I should have left.

Now I didn't have any specific instructions to go from on the intercooler, but I followed the cobb install instructions. I believe the remaining parts are:
- two silver clips, not used after installing the intercooler
- the bracket that goes under the IC, which did not fit with the v2 in place (unless I am incorrect?)
- the bolt that held that bracket in place
- the washered fastener that held the front clip to the bracket
- two bolts that I replaced with the whoosh cap screws + washers.
Correct? Or did I brain fart?

also, look how "off" this IC hose was when I tore off the bumper

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I encountered basically the same as you are now....I just left them out when I had a V1 and now use a completely different setup. I have a stock parts box from my mass exodus of OEM parts when I did my Turbo swap...that's where they all went for a rainy day.[wrenchin]

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I encountered basically the same as you are now....I just left them out when I had a V1 and now use a completely different setup. I have a stock parts box from my mass exodus of OEM parts when I did my Turbo swap...that's where they all went for a rainy day.[wrenchin]
Yeah I *think* I have one excess fastener but after being away for a few days my brain is just total potato.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I doubled up all my clamps also after both my installs as I found I kept blowing charge hoses off with single clamps on the charge hoses. Double up...double up...sir mix alots in trouble.....[giggle]

Hmm I installed my cpe intercooler with that bracket in place, maybe that is what is causing my front bumper to be pushed out ever so slightly? (i heard CPE and Whoosh v2 is basically the same intercooler.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Hmm I installed my cpe intercooler with that bracket in place, maybe that is what is causing my front bumper to be pushed out ever so slightly? (i heard CPE and Whoosh v2 is basically the same intercooler.
Dunno - I’ve been fine without it for over 10k miles myself.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I dont recall that bracket..... Been a while since i pulled mine all apart. I could have trimmed it as well.

Anyone know the thread pitch and diameter of the 2 main intercooler rear bracket to crashbar mounting bolts? Think they were 12mmx1.5. I want to try using slightly longer ones along with nylock jam nuts on the protruding threads. I tightened up the existing hardware pretty good, but it felt like I was squishing or crushing the rubber isolators on the upper part of the intercooler bracket. The V2 is easily more than double the weight of the oem and I'm concerned with those bolts loosening up over time.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Anyone know the thread pitch and diameter of the 2 main intercooler rear bracket to crashbar mounting bolts? Think they were 12mmx1.5. I want to try using slightly longer ones along with nylock jam nuts on the protruding threads. I tightened up the existing hardware pretty good, but it felt like I was squishing or crushing the rubber isolators on the upper part of the intercooler bracket. The V2 is easily more than double the weight of the oem and I'm concerned with those bolts loosening up over time.
Three words.....Permatex Orange Threadlocker