Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Why Ford? Why must you Deny America!

me32

1000 Post Club
And some people obviously dont understand mechanics. Look up the formula for hp and you will see # of cylinder plays a large part.
With all things being equal sure. But not all things are equal. Which is why new technology normally tends to out performs the out going model.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yay let’s use up all the replacement body panels we had available. It’s kind of how Ford recirculated the EAP wheels the SVTF had as an option for a standard whee upgrade on the 2008 and up Focus models...
Ironically, I WISH that they still had a shitload left over from back then, and used them as standard on OUR rides instead of the fugly (to me at least) 5 spokers they gave us. :(

Jerickson88

Ironically, I WISH that they still had a shitload left over from back then, and used them as standard on OUR rides instead of the fugly (to me at least) 5 spokers they gave us. :(
I remember buying a set for my SVTF because I had the standard wheels and they were bent. They ran me $89.99 each, shipped. Put 215/45-17 nitto neo gens on them.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Funny. People said all the same things going from 8 to 6 cylinders... then from 6 to 4. Now it's 4 to 3. Still, at some point, the skeptics gotta be right. But then, I read somewhere that the Quad Four engines were plagued with gasket issues. But this is from an era where they were still putting aluminum heads on iron blocks. Issues now tend to be from not having enough block to surround/stabilize against cylinder movement.

That's the greatest part about getting older, you really don't care what people think. It's liberating.
A possible pending exception, might not be so liberating for this older guy LoL... [shhh] [wink]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...san-bill-to-fight-election-hacking/ar-BBMlVyb
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Putin-foreign-minister-RUSSIA-puts-photo.html

me32

1000 Post Club
Funny. People said all the same things going from 8 to 6 cylinders... then from 6 to 4. Now it's 4 to 3. Still, at some point, the skeptics gotta be right. But then, I read somewhere that the Quad Four engines were plagued with gasket issues. But this is from an era where they were still putting aluminum heads on iron blocks. Issues now tend to be from not having enough block to surround/stabilize against cylinder movement.

A possible pending exception, might not be so liberating for this older guy LoL... [shhh] [wink]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...san-bill-to-fight-election-hacking/ar-BBMlVyb
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Putin-foreign-minister-RUSSIA-puts-photo.html
Im guessing your not a donny T fan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Neither am I.

As much as I don't like to bring politics into this forum as it is one of the very few areas of life, and a 'respite' that is NOT overly politicized nowadays (I have given up on bobistheoilguy.com ONCE AGAIN for being an all out, hard core rightwingnutter, NAZI attitude overrun site).

I just call IT 'SHITLER', sorry in advance if that offends anyone on here who worships their orange Fuhrer and his fascist cohorts.
(And I will do EVERYTHING in my power/capabilities to remove IT and THEM from power, and control of this land come November and beyond. [wink])

me32

1000 Post Club
Neither am I.

As much as I don't like to bring politics into this forum as it is one of the very few areas of life, and a 'respite' that is NOT overly politicized nowadays (I have given up on bobistheoilguy.com ONCE AGAIN for being an all out, hard core rightwingnutter, NAZI attitude overrun site).

I just call IT 'SHITLER', sorry in advance if that offends anyone on here who worships their orange Fuhrer and his fascist cohorts.
(And I will do EVERYTHING in my power/capabilities to remove IT and THEM from power, and control of this land come November and beyond. [wink])
I think people just get too butt hurt when someone doesnt agree with political choices. I could care less who people choose.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Yep I agree I use to care about politics but not anymore all it does is divide people. Humans are a lot more complicated than a two party system. I have no desire to fight or argue with anybody about politics or religion it's pointless.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

ROCKYFiestta

technology on petrol cars applied same tech to a larger engine will always equal more potential sorry kids but the grandpas still have some merit to their no replacement to displacement. again electric vehicles not part of this formula.

ROCKYFiestta

rofl would be great if they put hillary in there with him both dirty little piggies.

me32

1000 Post Club
technology on petrol cars applied same tech to a larger engine will always equal more potential sorry kids but the grandpas still have some merit to their no replacement to displacement. again electric vehicles not part of this formula.
This is true. But you just said it yourself grandpa. Without the technology being equal the 1.6 does not perform at the level of the new 1.5 3 cylinder.
Whats even funnier is the argument is pretty much pointless as there is only a .1 difference in displacement.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
This is true. But you just said it yourself grandpa. Without the technology being equal the 1.6 does not perform at the level of the new 1.5 3 cylinder.
Whats even funnier is the argument is pretty much pointless as there is only a .1 difference in displacement.
Minus 1 cylinder also.

ROCKYFiestta

wrong again try throwing something called a stroker kit into the car you will gain more volume from the 4 banger in the end. the 3 cylinder will never match the loss of a fourth cylinder when both stroked out to the max possible.

ROCKYFiestta

buggatti uses what? a 16 cylinder and not a 4 banger for a reason right? call me when they go with a 3 cylinder that outperforms their 16 cylinders

plus as stated above the less valves you have the less air you can move into the engine as well (vw used 3 intake valves to increase air volume.)

ROCKYFiestta

lol coming from a guy driving a hulking v8 why didnt you choose a 6 cylinder mustang?? lol exactly cuz they suck ass and weak and will never pull as hard the v8 you have.[hihi][rofl]

checkmate

me32

1000 Post Club
lol coming from a guy driving a hulking v8 why didnt you choose a 6 cylinder mustang?? lol exactly cuz they suck ass and weak and will never pull as hard the v8 you have.[hihi][rofl]

checkmate
I think this is the best post i have ever seen you post on this site. Dont forget nothing sounds better than an American v8. No v10 no v12 and no v16 sounds better than an ameican v8