Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Work Wheels Emotion CR Ultimate

C. love

so far none of the socal dealers listed on Work's website carry the wheels that fit the FiST (haven't contacted them all yet). None will give me a price that anywhere near $400 per wheel. Ugh!
You have to call them and talk them down or find a place that does alot of business with whatever company you want a product from. Check forums like say Nissan forums where enthusiasts run that brand alot and dealers are giving deals on works. I got some work VS-KF that were MSRP like 900 each for about 725 each. I just had to look around. Deals are to be had but you have to search

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
You could do a 4x100 conversion and get some great wheels, low weight, great tires and still spend less.

Also when you get something like that if you damage a wheel you can be out of luck for weeks, or longer waiting for an expensive repair or replacement.

Get something you can replace for less cost and easy to source.....

I wanted something wider than 7" but settled on it as got a great package deal on Konig Feathers in 17x7, under 17lbs, and Michelin A/S 3 Y rated(their best all season that is also quite a great summer tire) in 205/45/17, 38lbs per corner, $1280 plus tax with full replacement warranties. I did this so that I can have tires for most everything including rainy track days and putting on 15x9's for my good weather track wheels width 8.8" tread with DOT race tires. The 12.2lb track wheels are only $141 each and roll formed like Enkei race series wheels!

Forged wheels are simply not worth the money to me, I have had them in two piece, three piece, mono block, etc, the only ones I considered a decent value were on my Vette, custom from CCW, 18x10.5 and 18x13 for $2700 and TUV rated, the top rating there is.

I have had a huge list of roll formed and just good cast wheels and have never had an issue with any of them, racing, off road, etc.....

$500 each for a 17x8 or whatever is simple way overpriced and a worry to own;)

IMHO of course, do as you wish if it makes you happy that is the most important:)
Rick

C. love

I am in the minority those VS-KF's I told you about I bought them and did this with them lol. They are also a wheel I wanted for ever and I am not one to buy something and let it sit cause it looks pretty.

To me nice wheels are rarely cheap. I personally can look at a cheap wheel and spot it from a mile away. I am on the other side of the coin, if there is a nice wheel that I want I wont settle for something kinda like it. I am not against rota, konig or any other cheap brand either but to me I change rims on a street car for looks. Why take off a classy OEM and replace it with ugly crap? Im spending money I want an upgrade--looks, weight, width and offset are what i aim to change. If its something I want to competitively track then weight is 1st and foremost

I'm a little late to this thread, but yes, some work wheels come with custom PCD options which will make it work on almost every car. We've been selling Work for a while so if anybody is interested in a 'forum price' PM me the sizes/offsets you want to run along with the color you want as well and I'll send you a price back :)

ModBargains, would you be able to do a GB on these? And if so what would the price be?
Getting a group buy on these would be really tough. I give my forum guys a discount worthy of a group buy price anyway, so if anyone is interested just send me a PM!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
As I stated, it if makes you happy.....I really mean it but.....

"Taking off classy OEM" I hope you are not talking about the overweight, ugly in my book, stock wheels and putting on a much lighter weight, nicer looking wheel like I did;)

In 46 years of modding, racing, dozens of cars and trucks I have only kept one set of stock wheels and that is on our dually, 17" forged Alcoa wheels and really great Michelin tires, I have towed with a combined weight of just under 30k lbs and it worked out great. I would change them out but simply no good options that make sense. My last dually had 16s and the better Michelins were not made yet, I spent $5k on forged (4, two had to be steel) 19.5's and the best tires and chased a vibration for a year, 7 different rear wheels, finally gave up. They were quite a bit heavier than stock, some add big spacers and 22.5's which weigh a sheat ton and are a very poor choice to actually use.

I just like to point out some realities others might not consider as not having much experience in this game. Most cannot afford to spend a ton on high end wheels but they also should not be treated with disrespect for picking something that does the job, quite well, for considerably less money instead of picking something for vanity more than other more legitimate reasons;)

There is a huge amount of crappy wheels on the market, poor designs, poor casting quality, overly heavy, hurt performance, etc......but luckily there are some manfs that make at least a line or two if not more, great quality wheels for the money. A good roll formed cast wheel is every bit as good as a forged wheel when done right and sometimes even weigh less. I could not find quite the right one for my street wheels or would have them on the car, instead I went the next best route and picked a known quality cast wheel as it fit my needs, money saved is going to real performance mods and 12.2 lb roll formed race wheels.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I am glad we do have a great vendor on here, Modbargains, for those that want a great place to buy whatever they wish, I highly recommend them:)