Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Your opinions on upgrade brakes

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I know that brakes and tires are some of the most important upgrades you can make to the car, so I am interested to see what the best options out there are. The OEM brakes and rotors seem pretty good overall, but I may be wrong. So, do you think they are worth upgrading, or is it just better to replace them with OEM parts? I was looking at Mountune's brakes. I know that the stock rotors are fine, so I probably wouldn't change them, but what about the brake pads, lines, and fluid. I saw that the front and rear street pads take advantage of the Laborday sale MT is doing (only 10% tho)

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Don't fix what isn't broken. If you are running out of brakes or want to decrease sprung weight, then there are lots of options. I have the Wilwoods and am happy with them and felt an immediate difference in ride quality and heat rejection, but I like to track my car. For driving pleasure on the street there are better ways to spend $1000, like lighter wheels.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Unless you're tracking it, where heat becomes a factor, there's no reason to mess with them. Stock, it should stop now. If it isn't doing that, then something else is going on.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I know that brakes and tires are some of the most important upgrades you can make to the car, so I am interested to see what the best options out there are. The OEM brakes and rotors seem pretty good overall, but I may be wrong. So, do you think they are worth upgrading, or is it just better to replace them with OEM parts? I was looking at Mountune's brakes. I know that the stock rotors are fine, so I probably wouldn't change them, but what about the brake pads, lines, and fluid. I saw that the front and rear street pads take advantage of the Laborday sale MT is doing (only 10% tho)
Dude the stock brakes are pretty absurd for a daily lol - I would say don't mess with what isn't broken unless you actually experience heatsoak/fade.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Never hurts to ask / research!

I'm all about 'buy once, cry once' - still haven't seen the need to upgrade the brakes (as I don't track my car).
I currently don't have plans to track the car (but who knows...) so I'm gonna stick with the stock brakes.