Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Zero boost fixed with a new S280 Turbo

I currently have no boost. Things I have checked are all the hotside hoses and all the electrical connections.
There is no check engine light or codes. Car runs perfectly fine just N/A.
This just came out of nowhere, one minute the car was boosting and the next zero. No loud booms or weird turbo noises.
I'd rather not just start throwing parts at it but if I did what order would I go in?
See my mod list below if your wondering what I have done.

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
Quiet as a mouse at full throttle. I can't hear any leaks or grinding from the turbo.
I couldn't find so much as a loose hose or clamp anywhere. the intercooler looks fine with no visible damage.

OP
M
Thread Starter #4
It's been awhile since posting this but I finally got around to taking the turbo out.
Turns out the exhaust side turbine sheared off the shaft and lodged itself in the housing.
I just ordered an s280 and wastegate to replace the stocker.
Can't complain to much, it did last to 105k with my mods for much of its life.

OP
M
Thread Starter #5
Some things to note while taking the stock turbo out,
I wound up grinding out one of the catalytic studs to turbo bolts, Pain in the arse.
This one is weird but 3 of the exhaust manifold studs were only hand tight. Didn't even need the ratchet for them.
and the rest were not far behind.
I could tell there was a leak there for awhile.
I broke the boost solenoid taking the turbo and manifold out. Had to buy a replacement. I should have been
more careful.
Other than that things went pretty smooth.
I'll let you know how the s280 install goes.

OP
M
Thread Starter #6
S280 Install went smooth and easier than the extraction of the stock turbo.
I did not have to deal with broken studs or rusted nuts and bolts.
Mounting everything to the exhaust manifold before lowering it into the car is definitely the way to go.
Tuning went well and 4 revisions later I am up and running better than ever.
I wish I had replaced the stock Cat and intake with aftermarket stuff because the tuner (Tune+) said more than once that they are holding me back from making full potential.
Oh well future mods and retune.