Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blew my motor and need a little help.

Blew my motor last month. I'm rebuilding with a used long block. I was going to get one from an escape with the same 1.6 ecoboost and mate it with an x-47. I wanna make sure pulling it from an escape will work, or is it different for some reason? Thanks for the help in advance ????

I'm not 100% sure, but the intake manifold may be a bit different. You kept your old blown engine, right?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Blew my motor last month. I'm rebuilding with a used long block. I was going to get one from an escape with the same 1.6 ecoboost and mate it with an x-47. I wanna make sure pulling it from an escape will work, or is it different for some reason? Thanks for the help in advance ????
if you haven't already bought a long block from an Escape, there are a few full part out Fiesta ST cars in the classified section
take a look

OP
P
Thread Starter #5
if you haven't already bought a long block from an Escape, there are a few full part out Fiesta ST cars in the classified section
take a look
Going to take a look, thanks. And yes the old engine is still in the car.

OP
P
Thread Starter #6
Sorry if this off topic but how exactly did you blow your motor? These things are pretty tough to pop lol?
The car overheated, when I popped the hood there was an electrical fire. Cylinder 1 Camshaft sensor melted, pulled the plug and it had been smashed up by the piston. E30 tune @85,000 miles.

OP
P
Thread Starter #8
What were your mods and who tuned it?
Cobb fmic, cobb catback, cobb intake, cobb rmm. It was tuned by tune+. I honestly believe it was the ford dealer who replaced the heads fault. I don't think they wired it up correctly. They never even hooked up my damn headlights after having the car for 5months.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
The car overheated, when I popped the hood there was an electrical fire. Cylinder 1 Camshaft sensor melted, pulled the plug and it had been smashed up by the piston. E30 tune @85,000 miles.
What do you mean by cylinder 1 camshaft sensor?

Some Guy On The Internet

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
The longblock is essentially the same. Which is awesome cause there are tons of motors!

grnmachine02

So something went all fucky with a VTC sensor and smashed a piston in to the valves?

Also, I know that common opinion is that these engines are really tough, but didn't the Escape have a ton of engine issues?

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
So something went all fucky with a VTC sensor and smashed a piston in to the valves?

Also, I know that common opinion is that these engines are really tough, but didn't the Escape have a ton of engine issues?
Earlier models were prone to catching fire. Think it was fixed though. Haven't heard anything to that extent with the fiesta st or newer escapes

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
To be fair, I think we need to hear about what work was done previously to the car by the dealer before jumping to conclusions about what made the engine pop.