Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone here use their FiST as a daily driver?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You remove the FMIC for winter? Why?
In case Bryan does not see this, or does not answer right away;

He does this to PROTECT his costly Mountune IC's fins from salt stones/pebbles, ice chunks, grit, etc. damage, and uses the factory IC back in it's place since it is so frigid up thar on the eastern shore of Lake Michigan that the factory IC is more than efficient enough in the winter in those kind of locales. ;)

There’s about 10 inches of snow accumulation here in Ypsilanti MI. I wonder how you survive the winter snow storm. As a daily.

daily mine.
have a full set of snow tires for winter duty. havent even gotten close to being stuck even in 7 inches of snow.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It's probably a matter of just how packed and dense the frozen stuff is at heights more than a half foot as to whether or not you end up high centering on it (that, and just how much you are lowered, if at all), with the proper tires, of course.

The very fine powdery stuff you will be able to just plow through more than a foot, albeit visibility might be a problem when you throw up a big 'cow catcher on a train in many feet of snow' type of forward rooster tail of the white stuff. ;)

There’s about 10 inches of snow accumulation here in Ypsilanti MI. I wonder how you survive the winter snow storm. As a daily.
We've got the same in Rochester MI. Drove it yesterday. Did fine, passing trucks left and right and SUV's that think they don't need winter tires.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mine's a DD, but I have my old car for a winter beater. I'll be back in Cali. in a few years. Won't need one then.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
For days with low temp above 25F, no ice/snow on the streets, dry, I'm on two wheels. Otherwise it's "daily." It's staying stock with the exception of swapping between Winter and Summer wheels. Both wheel sets are stock.

Got my 14' FiST in September 2013. Been my DD ever since. 62,000 miles and no issues. This is my 5th winter with her here in West Michigan. Bought a set of winter wheels n tires right away and she does just fine. I will probably have to do one more winter then I will get a new DD and save the FiST for fun [loveboost]

Bought mine to be my DD but will serve for weekend track duties a couple times a year. That's really what led me to the fiesta I can tote my family around town with great mileage then throw on some low cost track tires and tear up some cones.