Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New/Old Fiesta ST Owner

Back in 2013 I stopped in at the Ford driving experience and got a chance to drive a Fiesta ST and Focus ST back to back on an little autocross course. I fell in love with the Fiesta and later that year purchased one for myself to coincide with a nice little promotion I received at work. I drove the car for a year but it developed a whining noise that turned out to be the transmission lunching itself. It took nearly 2 months for Ford to get the car back to me. I started doing the math and realized that with how much I was driving I was going to be out of warranty very soon on a car that I no longer trusted to be reliable. I traded the Fiesta in, I went through a couple cars and then ended up with a BMW X1. I got the BMW because it could tow my rallycross car and trailer and it wasn't a pos to drive like most trucks are. Fast forward a couple years and my wife got a nice new truck, I no longer needed to worry about the BMW towing, and I missed having a fun sporty little car.

Enter a Certified used 2016 Fiesta ST with 5,100 miles on the clock for $15k at a Ford dealership about 2 hours away. I started to work with the dealer I negotiated them down on the car negotiated up on the trade which I was heavily upside down on. Lo and behold I'm now back in a Fiesta ST and loving it. Better mileage, cheaper insurance, lower payments, 3 pedals, and a longer warranty than a brand new car long enough to cover the life of the loan. It isn't any quicker than my X1 was, that BMW 2.0l turbo is an amazing engine, but the whole character of the car is incredibly playful and fun. The new ST has one bit of strangeness. The bypass valve is incredibly loud. Like WRC rallycar loud. I can't quite work out why. Nothing looks aftermarket. If someone has a possible explanation that would be great. The engine bay is tight so its possible I'm missing the location of the bypass amongst all the stuff in there. Anyway I'm glad to be back in the family here's some obligatory pictures of my new fun machine.

You were here before me and you left, but now you're back. So can I say welcome?...I don't think so. I'll just say Hey Ya!