Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Greetings from new/old Fiesta owner

SteveS

1000 Post Club
We're taking delivery of a 2019 Fiesta ST this week, making this my second performance-version Fiesta. My very first car was a new 1978 Fiesta S, which was my daily driver and autocrosser for years. Took that car to the Solo 2 Nationals and placed 9th in the C/SP class. Don't think we'll be racing the new one though. It will be my wife's daily driver, and It's odd to me that 41 years later, I'm buying the last of a kind. (at least for the US)

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
We're taking delivery of a 2019 Fiesta ST this week, making this my second performance-version Fiesta. My very first car was a new 1978 Fiesta S, which was my daily driver and autocrosser for years. Took that car to the Solo 2 Nationals and placed 9th in the C/SP class. Don't think we'll be racing the new one though. It will be my wife's daily driver, and It's odd to me that 41 years later, I'm buying the last of a kind. (at least for the US)
It will turn into your daily driver after a couple months.....watch...wait and see!

OP
S

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
It will turn into your daily driver after a couple months.....watch...wait and see!
I'd like that, but I own a sign shop so the 2018 F150 will probably have to stay my daily. Unless someone's figured out a way to fit a 4x8 into the hatchback....

Steve, kudos to your lady for wanting a manual! Not to one (or two-up) you but my '19 is my fourth Fiesta preceded by a '78 S, an '80 base and a '12 SES which I ditched because of the wonky DCT. I'm 69, have had 25 cars (in succession) and my ST is BY FAR the MOST fun to drive among them all.
Congrats, enjoy and welcome!

OP
S

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
I guess I kept my cars longer, so I had no opportunity to get another early Fiesta. After the '78 I got a 1985 Toyota MR2, then an '89 Mercury Tracer LTS. After that I switched to pickup trucks because I was water skiing competitively and needed to pull a boat. My wife had always driven manuals, and had a Saturn SL1 when we married. But then we received my mom's 1 year old Camry with an automatic. And 5 years ago, my wife sideswiped a telephone pole so we got a used Scion tC with an automatic. We were going to look at Fiestas, then Honda Fit and Kia Soul. She drove a Fiesta SE with an automatic and hated it. Then we drove the ST, and though she told the salesman she still wanted to look at the others, once we left the dealer she told me she didn't want to look. She liked the sportiness and looks of the Fiesta ST and knew the others wouldn't match it. So kudos to her for wanting the car I wanted anyway!