Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Soon-to-be Owner in Central IN

Hey everyone, I'm in the market for a new FiST for my wife's daily driver (though I will probably drive it as often as possible)! I've never been much of a Ford guy, even though my dad and father-in-law both are repeat buyers. I'm really impressed with these cars though, and I'm looking forward to learning about the ins and outs of the hot hatch world. I'm coming from the V8 GM world (daily drive 2004 GTO), so this is a big change for me!

The car my wife and I are hoping to pick up is 2018 in Shadow Black, Molten Orange Recaro seats, Ebony Wheel option, w/moonroof. So far, there aren't any available, so we've been shopping dealers on price to order from the factory. Some of them are gung-ho and others seem iffy about being able to order a 2018 at this point. We found a '17 that has most of the options we are after, except it has Nav and no moonroof. It's been sitting on the dealer's lot for 260+ days, but they still wanted to play hardball on the pricing (came in less than $600 below ordering an '18, which is laughable).

Hopefully I will be able to dive in soon, I'm looking forward to participating in the community! You guys have already helped a bunch with some of the pricing threads!

Good Luck and Welcome!!! [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

I had a 93 Vette as a weekend car prior to getting the FiST.
They are definitely two different beasts. I loved my vette, but it would have been a horrible daily. I daily drove a Fit(it was horrible).
I love the FiST and it is an absolute blast as a daily, but I do miss that V8.

Anyways, get the new one and it will be a great daily! Also!! Go brand new and do the Octane Academy! I'm going in August and people rave about it.

That is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
A
Thread Starter #7
Still looking for a car, though I am waiting to hear back from a dealer that has one on the way from the factory that has the exact options we wanted. Pending pricing, they should have the car in mid-August, and I would hopefully be bringing it home as soon as it arrives on their lot. Fingers crossed!

OP
A
Thread Starter #8
Still looking for a car, though I am waiting to hear back from a dealer that has one on the way from the factory that has the exact options we wanted. Pending pricing, they should have the car in mid-August, and I would hopefully be bringing it home as soon as it arrives on their lot. Fingers crossed!
It's been a bit of a whirlwind month. Dealer got back to us, we put a deposit on the car, waited for a few weeks for it to come in, and found out that someone else had placed a deposit on it before us. [:(!]
The dealer found another car with the same specs (aside from having the summer tires vs all-season tires) somewhat near their location, so they are having the second car flatbedded to them. I haven't decided if I want to buy it yet, as I have no idea what kind of deal they are going to offer. Since my deposit was on a factory fresh car and this 2nd car may have been thrashed by test drivers or had some paint swirls "installed" by the dealer, I'm expecting to have some difference in cost. Particularly since they have been holding my deposit for weeks on a car that I no longer get to purchase.

So, we are waiting to see what kind of mileage the car has on it, and what the dealer is willing to do on price. If things work out, we will be bringing the car home by the end of the month. If not, we will start shopping for other options or wait to see what a 2019 is going to cost.

OP
A
Thread Starter #11
It's been a bit of a whirlwind month. Dealer got back to us, we put a deposit on the car, waited for a few weeks for it to come in, and found out that someone else had placed a deposit on it before us. [:(!]
The dealer found another car with the same specs (aside from having the summer tires vs all-season tires) somewhat near their location, so they are having the second car flatbedded to them. I haven't decided if I want to buy it yet, as I have no idea what kind of deal they are going to offer. Since my deposit was on a factory fresh car and this 2nd car may have been thrashed by test drivers or had some paint swirls "installed" by the dealer, I'm expecting to have some difference in cost. Particularly since they have been holding my deposit for weeks on a car that I no longer get to purchase.

So, we are waiting to see what kind of mileage the car has on it, and what the dealer is willing to do on price. If things work out, we will be bringing the car home by the end of the month. If not, we will start shopping for other options or wait to see what a 2019 is going to cost.
Happy to report that my wife and I went and picked up the car on Monday! The dealer worked with me to make things right, and they swapped the Michelin Pilot A/S3 tires on at no extra cost. The car had 25 miles on it when we arrived, and we (mostly I) have put roughly 700 miles on it since (10ish hour drive from the dealer to home). My wife and I love the car, an we are really excited to start getting it looking exactly how we want it.

Thanks for the warm welcome so far!

Snapped a couple of pics after the window tint and Kenzo ceramic coating were done!

Last edited: