Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbosmart Kompact Shortie Dual Port Blow-Off Valve for Fiesta ST

Harvick

1000 Post Club
I bet [MENTION=282]BlueBomber[/MENTION] probably installed it on his FiST.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Shoot thanks for reminding me. Need to change that to fost only.

These work for FoST and I thought they worked for us - apparently "Ecoboost" does not always include us. but apparently TS is doing a setup for our turbos very very soon.

Really busy at work past few weeks, so much to do but only one of me to do it! My team is great but some things only you can do, you know?

I'll get these edited BUT be on the look out for them to come out soon.
And yes this is EXACTLY what I will be fitting on my car.
Other future goodies include oil cooler from Mishimoto. If I wasn't already COBB IC, I'd be doing a Mishi J-line.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Awesome, thank you for the info.
BTW here's the advantage of a Plumb Back or Blow Off Valve upgrade. Usually the OEM diverter valves are made of plastic, which are slow to respond and are prone to leaks, or at least that's the case on the BMW N54's setup - anyways a faster responding, better sealed DV set up should allow boost to build faster and maintain greater pressure. On the N54, they lose 29ft/lb in 1st and 2nd gear and about 1sec of response time. Our losses and gains will not be as dramatic but it should make it somewhat sharper.

While personally I don't like the idea of venting to atmosphere, you CAN do a true BOV for some minor performance gain, but the existing "BOV Spacer" type setups don't offer any advantage...

I want the gain and w/o dumping metered air to atmosphere, so that's why I'll be going plumb back.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I am very interested in the BOV if it indeed enhances performance!

---------------

I am not ready to post info yet but the J-Line is a VERY EFFECTIVE IC:)

So how will the turbo smart bov that they are making for the fist work if the stock diverter valve is built into the turbo ?

Ohk glad I asked hopefully you shipp to Australia I definitely want something better than the stock 1

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Soon

Sema is now over so next week i expect we will hear from vendors again

any news on these yet as my standard recirc valve is dead and I need one asap?

felopr

i email turbosmart and they told me on Dec 1 that they were close to releasing one, 3 weeks eta

Dont know if here's the right place to post this but... here I go...

Purchased my turbosmart kompakt shortie BOV and installed few days ago... The sound is AMAZING, but...

The PSI on my car went from 24... to 22 top...

Anyone with this same problem???????

Hate to go back to stock =/

Dont know if here's the right place to post this but... here I go...

Purchased my turbosmart kompakt shortie BOV and installed few days ago... The sound is AMAZING, but...

The PSI on my car went from 24... to 22 top...

Anyone with this same problem???????

Hate to go back to stock =/
Have you tried adjusting it to a harder setting to see if it makes a difference? Note that you adjust it by spinning the black housing with the writing on it and not by spinning the silver valve itself. You may have it set too soft and is leaking boost, don't set it too hard though as that will cause compressor surge. I plan on removing my Boomba BOV spacer and installing this on Friday night, will post my thoughts here this weekend.