Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Focus RS Debut - 2015 Geneva Motor Show

Chris G

Just watched that video... wow. That car looks really good - there isn't much that I would consider changing.

I want one in white. With that front bumper, looks very Stormtrooper.

Anyone guessing how much this thing is going to cost? I am guessing starts at around 35000 then tops out at 40000[ohcrap]

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #11
2016 Focus RS - Driving Technology Features

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1097088_2016-ford-focus-rs-debuts-at-2015-geneva-motor-show-video

"Beyond the engine (the same turbocharged 2.3-liter four-cylinder found in the Mustang EcoBoost) and all-wheel-drive system (that can send up to 70 percent of torque rearwards), the Ford Motor Company [NYSE:F] is packing its new Focus RS with some interesting technology the automaker says will feature in other cars from its lineup. One of these is a Drive Modes system that allows the driver to select from various driving modes including a "Drift" mode. Others include "Normal", "Sport", and "Track" modes. Each mode can be selected using a switch alongside the gear lever, and has specific settings for the all-wheel-drive system, damper controls, stability and traction control, steering and engine responses, and exhaust sound.

On top of this, there is also a Launch Control system to help get those perfect off-the-line starts. The driver selects Launch Control from the cluster menu, engages first gear, applies full throttle and then releases the clutch. The vehicle then delivers optimum drive- including distributing torque through the all-wheel-drive system wherever it's needed most, maintaining maximum torque using a turbo overboost function, managing the traction control system, and setting the dampers. A shift light in the instrument cluster will ensure perfect shifts, too."

That spoiler is doing it for me! I wish my FiST spoiler was more turnt up and not so droopy. I like the RS etching on the sides of it as well...