Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo install questions

My Pumaspeed X-37 should be here next week and I had a few questions in regards to the install.

I've reviewed SourSkittle's install guide and it looks like a pretty straight forward process. However, I haven't seen anyone mention whether or not any gaskets or o-rings need to be replaced. I'd prefer to avoid headaches by being prepared and replacing everything I need to in one shot. If anyone can tell me what gaskets, o-rings, fluids etc I will need for the install, it would be much appreciated. Extra brownie points if part numbers are provided too. [biggrin]

Izzy

Subscribed as I'm considering this route as well. I'm particularly interested in the IWG...would the Turbosmart IWG from my stock turbo fit the new?

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
The Turbosmart IWG will indeed fit, I've already confirmed this as I'm running a Tune+ IWG actuator already.

My Pumaspeed X-37 should be here next week and I had a few questions in regards to the install.

I've reviewed SourSkittle's install guide and it looks like a pretty straight forward process. However, I haven't seen anyone mention whether or not any gaskets or o-rings need to be replaced. I'd prefer to avoid headaches by being prepared and replacing everything I need to in one shot. If anyone can tell me what gaskets, o-rings, fluids etc I will need for the install, it would be much appreciated. Extra brownie points if part numbers are provided too. [biggrin]
turbo to manifold gasket
BM5Z-9450-A
Oil Feed line gasket
4R8Z-6N652-A
Downpipe to turbo gasket
AM5Z-9450-A

Here is the gaskets you need

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Go ahead and pick up some downpipe bolts and exhaust manifold bolts/studs while you're at it. You'll lose about a quarter to half of your coolant so have something ready to catch it and replace it. Shouldn't lose much oil; a few drops really.

Scent from Glade Air Freshener

Go ahead and pick up some downpipe bolts and exhaust manifold bolts/studs while you're at it. You'll lose about a quarter to half of your coolant so have something ready to catch it and replace it. Shouldn't lose much oil; a few drops really.

Scent from Glade Air Freshener
Sorry to bring an old thread back to life, but what are the part numbers to the exhaust manifold bolts/stud part numbers and downpipe bolt part numbers? :)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Local ford dealer tried to charge me $17 per turbo manifold stud lol.
Order 12 from blue springs ford for like $2.40 a piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Local ford dealer tried to charge me $17 per turbo manifold stud lol.
Order 12 from blue springs ford for like $2.40 a piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I typically order through Blue Springs because they're about 6 hours away from me. So I get parts the day after the order ships. When I destroyed my axle (on a Saturday) taking it out, I had a new axle the following Tuesday.

Some Guy On The Internet

as equally important as the extra studs gaskets etc> high quality sockets and extentions that are made to proper dimensions. aka s k, snap on, mac etc. I had absolutely no problems removing any of the hardware on my car even with 14k on it. no stripped or rounded stuff to deal with, jmho. bob

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
as equally important as the extra studs gaskets etc> high quality sockets and extentions that are made to proper dimensions. aka s k, snap on, mac etc. I had absolutely no problems removing any of the hardware on my car even with 14k on it. no stripped or rounded stuff to deal with, jmho. bob
Good call !! I've been meaning to put something in the turbo install/removal thread about that... thanx for reminding me :)