Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Who Has Voice Activated Climate Control?

When I test drove another '16 FiST, it had voice activated climate controls. The car I ended up with does not. I did have to turn on the HD option for the radio, maybe I need to turn on the Climate Control option? The only options on the test driven one was Recaros and Nav, maybe it was part of that?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
It's a cool thing to do, but pretty useless.

Scent from Glade Air Freshener

OP
Spaceman_Spiff
Thread Starter #4
It's a cool thing to do, but pretty useless.

Scent from Glade Air Freshener
I agree. But I like to know what all the car can do, even if it's useless. I'll show it off to my friends who are riding in it the first time...and probably won't ever use it again.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Never even knew it had this feature....thanks for the reminder. I'm sure it will be utilized more now.[thumb]

MPA

Just push the middle button on the left side of the steering wheel to activate the voice controls - I think you need to "say set climate temperature XX degrees"

OP
Spaceman_Spiff
Thread Starter #8
Just push the middle button on the left side of the steering wheel to activate the voice controls - I think you need to "say set climate temperature XX degrees"
Yep, tried that, she had no idea what I was blathering on about. Climate doesn't even come up in the Help command. There aren't a whole lot of options on these cars, so if mine doesn't have it, I wonder which option it is bundled with? My guess is the Recaro heated seats. It's not real important, just something that has been bugging me.

MPA

Do you have the digital temp/auto climate controls? According to the ford site, the recaros only add the heated seats and mirrors

You can't control the climate from the touchscreen on the MFT or Sync 3. I have tried setting climate using voice when I first got the car since I heard it was supposed to work. I assume I used the wrong command because it didn't work. I may give it another shot someday. Most of what I do with the car daily is easy enough to control without voice commands though so I never got into using them.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
All I did was hit the speak button on the steering wheel....then it asks you what to say or shows you a list of commands on the head unit. Then I just say set climate to 65 degrees.....then it asks if you would like to set it to 65 degrees and you say yes or no. My next question is do you have navigation? Just curious....

OP
Spaceman_Spiff
Thread Starter #15
All I did was hit the speak button on the steering wheel....then it asks you what to say or shows you a list of commands on the head unit. Then I just say set climate to 65 degrees.....then it asks if you would like to set it to 65 degrees and you say yes or no. My next question is do you have navigation? Just curious....
I do not have Navigation...

OP
Spaceman_Spiff
Thread Starter #16
...I have tried setting climate using voice when I first got the car since I heard it was supposed to work. I assume I used the wrong command because it didn't work. I may give it another shot someday. Most of what I do with the car daily is easy enough to control without voice commands though so I never got into using them.
Same here.

When I test drove another '16 FiST, it had voice activated climate controls. The car I ended up with does not. I did have to turn on the HD option for the radio, maybe I need to turn on the Climate Control option? The only options on the test driven one was Recaros and Nav, maybe it was part of that?
All of the US models have voice activated climate control, you just have to use the right command to get to it. If you don't say exactly what she's listening for it doesn't work.