Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New owner in Kansas

Picked up my 2016 FiST last week, brand new for $21,500ish before taxes and what not. Only options were navigation and the sun roof. In the end it was between another one in town (Manhattan, KS) that was shadow black with Recaro seats and black wheels, and this one, and this one won out due to price and color, although I have a feeling if I would have put my ass in the Recaros I would have been sold. Also was going to look at a base, no options Focus ST in white with a red stripe, but it wasn't due into the dealer for another 4 weeks. Oh, and the one I ended up with already had a good tint job on it at no additional cost.

So far I removed all of the dealership's advertising (front license plate, rear license plate frame, giant decal on the rear window that completely obstructed view, and a badge under the ST on the hatch) and the Fiesta badge from the hatch.

So far, love the car. Handles great, has plenty of power, and feels like a modern version of my 2003 SVT Focus, which I loved. Only plans right now are some DIY appearance stuff like painting the calipers and engine cover, some basic stuff like the sound symposia delete (want to completely get rid of it, not tuck it out of the way like the Boomba kit), possibly get some Rally Armour mud flaps (just like the look, it seems to fit the car),and maybe get the Boomba BOV adapter. When it's time for new tires, want to get some lighter 16x7 wheels and nice summer tires, and eventually want to work up to a Cobb stage 3 package piece by piece. That should pretty much do me for the car for a while. I don't want anything extreme at all, just a fun and nimble DD that gets decent gas mileage.

I will get some pictures posted up here soon, but you all know what these cars look like :)

Welcome! I highly recommend getting some mudflaps. Don't know how the roads are in Kansas but here in Pennsylvania I was cleaning out my rear fender wells almost daily from rocks and debris. Also helps keep the sides pretty clean in between washes.

16 molten orange base model which I love. I didn't want all the other stuff so I got the cheap and cheerful one in the color I wanted.

OP
92FOX
Thread Starter #9
16 molten orange base model which I love. I didn't want all the other stuff so I got the cheap and cheerful one in the color I wanted.

That's the way to go man, get what you want and if you can save some money while you're at it then heck yeah. What area of town you from?

That's the way to go man, get what you want and if you can save some money while you're at it then heck yeah. What area of town you from?
I'm a east sider now but originally from across the pond. Liverpool born and bred grew up with hot hatches

OP
92FOX
Thread Starter #12
I'm a east sider now but originally from across the pond. Liverpool born and bred grew up with hot hatches
Very cool, man. I'm always out on the West side of town, got family out there. One of these weekends we might have to meet up, I haven't seen the MO in person yet.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcoming